Chapter 12: Binge Eating Episode

E V A N N A

It's been a day after I got to see my mother. I felt upset the whole day because I kept thinking about her. It was Saturday, but not a lot of people were here.

Ethan went to work. Jeremy left to the hospital. Andrew and Alex were out, but I didn't know where. I think Daniel said he went to his friend's house, Jayden was out somewhere too.

The only person here was Brandon, but he didn't even come out of his room yet. I went and knocked on his door.

"Brandon?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Can I go to my friend's house?"

"You have friends?" He teased, laughing.

My mouth dropped. "You're so mean!"

Brandon opened the door and leaned on the doorframe. "Who's your friend?"

"Summer."

Although I cringed a little when I said she was my friend... I texted Summer to see if I can come over so we can talk and figure some things out. I wanted to know why she hated me so much.

"Um," Brandon hesitated. "What time will you be back?"

"Probably an hour."

Brandon ran his fingers through his hair. "Fine, okay. Do you need me to drive you?"

"It's okay," I said, smiling brightly. "Thanks Brandon."

"Bye!" He called out as he closed the door, going back into his room. "Bring a jacket!"

I walked out the door, putting my phone in my pocket. I started walking to Summer's house address, which she texted me before.

As soon as I got there I knocked on her door, nervously chewing on my bottom lip. A young woman opened the door, smiling. "Hi sweetheart, who are you?"

"Summer's... friend," I forced out. "Is she inside?"

"Yeah," she nodded. "Come in. Are you her school friend?"

I went inside, nodding. "Yes... thank you..."

"I'm Kerrin," She said. "Would you like anything to eat?"

I shook my head. "N-no thank you."

"Oh," she grinned. "Summer's here. Well, I'll leave you two alone."

Kerrin walked out of the room and I saw Summer staring at me from the stairs. "What do you want?"

"What did I ever do to you? Why did you start hating me out of nowhere?" I asked.

Summer stared me down. "I didn't want to be friends with someone who kept complaining about their problems."

I had to keep my mouth from dropping in disbelief. "When did I ever complain? Summer, I really don't understand what I did to make you hate me."