Chapter 23: April Fools Day

E V A N N A

It was Sunday, 10 PM, where I was warned.

And I was terrified.

"Keep your doors locked," Ethan warned me with a small smile. "Or else you'll probably suffer a lot."

I managed a nervous laugh. "Okay... goodnight."

He smiled. "Night."

I went upstairs and was met by Andrew. "Hi..."

Andrew leaned against the wall. "Can I ask you a question?"

I nodded.

"Can I treat you like my sibling sibling? Like my real real sister?"

I stared at him, confused. "What do you mean?"

"Like my sibling," He smiled. "Someone who I can playfully tease, and you won't be hurt, right?"

I nodded slowly. "Are you doing his so you can prank me tomorrow all you want?"

He grinned, walking away. "Night, Evanna. I love you!"

I obviously locked my door, going to the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror for a moment.

I need help.

I know I do.

But just a little more... until I'm back down to 99. Once I'm there, I'll stop.

They took the scale out of my bathroom. I didn't know how much I weighed, but it'll be fine. As soon as my legs turn to sticks and so does my arms. Until my stomach is flat. Until most of my clothes get big on me again. Just a little bit more.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and went to bed, turning the lights off.

I was not ready for tomorrow.

————

I was peacefully sleeping until, guess what?

I felt cold, ice water being poured on me. I gasped and coughed, shooting up from my bed.

Andrew and Alex stood over me with a bucket, laughing.

I stared at them in shock.

They poured water on me.

"Good morning!" Andrew sang, laughing again.

"You guys are so mean!" I whined, getting off my bed. Water dropped from my hair and clothes. "Seriously?"

"You know we love you," Alex said, smiling. "At least we didn't do something that bad to you."

"It's 5 AM. Wanna see our other pranks?" Andrew whispered.

I rolled my eyes. "Let me change first, thanks to you guys."

My poor hoodie— I mean Jayden's hoodie— was now wet and I was upset. They already left so I quickly changed into a new pair of hoodie and shorts and went outside.