Chapter 30: Another Friend, But It's A Guy

E V A N N A

"When's Jayden coming?" I asked, pouting. He's been gone for almost more than two days and I missed him a lot.

"He'll come soon," Ethan said, ruffling my hair. "Don't worry."

I gulped down the rest of my milk. "No, it's weird without him. I don't seem him in school anymore and he's gone for some trip with mom."

"Hey, aren't you graduating middle school in like a week?" Brandon asked. "Bruh, I'm going to college soon."

"Just go to the college near her school," Ethan said. "Aren't they connected? They're in the same campus area."

"But isn't it hard to get into?" Brandon asked.

Andrew got up from his chair and put his plate in the sink. "Brandon, everybody knows you're smart. You just decide to act like a dumb bitch."

The next moment a pancake was flying through the air, hitting the back of Andrew's head.

Andrew whipped around, glaring at Brandon. "What the hell? I just washed my fucking hair!"

Syrup dripped from his hair as Brandon stared in amusement. "Oh, my bad. Didn't mean to aim that pancake directly to you after you called me a dumb bitch, sorry!"

"Break it up, will ya?" Alex rolled his eyes. "It's 7 am. Come on."

"Brandon, chill," Ethan said. "Andrew, you started it."

"I spoke the truth," Andrew said, laughing.

Brandon rolled his eyes. "Who cares. The test for that is like in the summer, isn't it?"

"Should we all try to get in?" Daniel asked. "I'm down to take the test."

"Even if we do, we're probably going to get in," Alex said. "As cocky as it sounds we're the top in the school."

"He's not lying," Ethan said. "If y'all try, all of you will probably get in."

"Except people are gonna think we cheated our way in because our mother is the head of both districts," Andrew added.

"Can you try?" I asked pleadingly. "I don't want to be by myself. Please?"

"Aye, you know, Brandon actually gets straight A's," Daniel said. "Which surprised me. Because you know, what Andrew said. He's always doing bad stuff but he's fucking smart, man."

"Well, I just checked the website," Ethan said, putting his phone down. "The test is few days after we graduate. Right now it's June 7th. We graduate on the 14th. The test is on the 16th."

"Oh, my school ends on the 12th," I said. "That's 5 days."

"Dude, it's already 7:30," Daniel said. "We have to go to school by 7:45."

Ethan stood up all of a sudden. "Evanna. Don't you have to go to school early?"

Shit.

"Oh my god," I said, rushing to grab my backpack. "I'm late. Oh my god. I'm late!"

Ethan also grabbed his car keys and rushed to his car, me following behind. I got in the passenger's seat and put on my seatbelt. Ethan drove pretty quick (but not over the speed limit) and I got to my school pretty quick.