Chapter 36: The Whole Squad Back Together. And Split Up Again

E V A N N A

Graduation.

It actually took place in my old school, which sucked big time. The dirty looks I got from Claire and Cathryn, Sammy talking about me behind my back, and being ignored by Summer and Natalie really didn't affect me anymore. Those backstabbing traitors were people I don't need in my life.

Besides, I have better friends now.

"Holy shit, you got shorter," Owen said, shoving my shoulder.

I shoved him back. "Fight me."

"Why don't we chill out before we all get detention," Dylan muttered, rolling his eyes.

"And you're talking?" Jayden said to him.

"You've had more detentions than me," Dylan retorted.

"Last time I checked, we both had 72 detentions," Jayden fired back.

"Is that really something to brag about?" I shook my head.

"You've been in detention before," Owen said.

I slapped his arm. "That was because of you guys. That's why the school decided to take them off."

"Are you sure it wasn't because of your m—"

"Haha, very funny," I said sarcastically. "Actually, I stood up for myself and proved my point to the principle. That the detentions were unfair and—"

"And mom came and that's when our principle decided to take them off," Jayden said.

"Whose side are you on?" I glared at him.

"So, Dylan," Jayden said, turning to him.

Dylan turned to face him. "Yeah?"

"Do you like my sister?"

I shot a death glare at Jayden. So freaking blunt. Like I think he would've appreciated a warning.

Dylan cocked his head. "Don't know what your talking about."

"Do you like Evanna?" Jayden asked again.

"Why?"

"Because you've actually got competition."

"What competition?" Dylan asked, uninterested. "Who said anything about me liking her?"

"You do know that I took screenshots of the text, right?" Owen said, laughing.

And so Dylan reached over and punched his shoulder. "Hey, shut up."

"What text?" I asked Owen. "Show me, show me."

He handed me his phone with a text message to him from Dylan that actually admitted him having some feelings for me.

Dylan grabbed the phone out of my hand. "For your information, I don't like you."