10. Peaceful

Keith,

Kourtny was laying in the hospital bed. We been here for about 2 hours and I was so irritated. I just want to know that my son is good.

"Ms. Kourtny Jackson?" The doctor knocked on the door.

"Come in." Kourtny answered. We watched her walk in.

"Hey Im Dr. Fable, your new obstetrician. You're having cramps?" She asked looking at her notes.

"Mhm." Kourtny said rubbing her side. "It hurts so bad." I wiped her tears as soon as they fell.

"You want some tissue?" I offered. She nodded and I handed her the box.

"Im sorry to hear that Ms. Jackson, lets pull your shirt up and see whats going on in there." She stood up washing her hands and then putting gloves on. I helped Kourtny get her shirt up since she could barely move. Dr.Fable put the gel on her stomach and did a sonogram. I saw him, my son. He did grow a whole bunch since the last time I had saw him.

And then it hit me, I didn't want my son growing up in a single parent home. Since my dad is never home and always at work, it was hard to bond with him. This whole situation with Kourt couldve been handled better and I feel terrible.

"He's sleep." Kourtny smiled.

"He's sucking on his thumb." The doctor smiled.

"Why is he so big?" I asked amazed.

"Well Kourtny your actually 6 months and not 5 now." The doctor looked at the clipboard.

Kourtny and I looked at eachother. How the hell is she six months pregnant and they're just finding out??

"Wait.. how am I six months?" Kourtny asked.

"We make these mistakes alot and we are terribly sorry, your doctor before me was Dr. Gordan right?"

"Yeah my last appointment she told me she was getting laid off."

"Normally I cannot share this information but between you & I, due to Dr.Gordan's age she often made mistakes and it was time for retirement and she wasnt ready to face reality so we laid her off." She walked to the computer and pulled up the sonogram pictures. "However, She didn't make a mistake about your baby, it is infact a boy." She said pointing to my son's private area. "everything is fine. The sharp cramps you are experiencing is just your muscles being pulled and stretched in every direction."

"Okay thats fine, how often will I experience this?" Kourtny asked.

"Not that long but if it gets worse definitely come in or give me a call." She wiped the gel off of Kourt's stomach & handed me and Kourtny a card. "Sometimes don't be afraid to give him a little earthquake to move him around a bit, it could also be him sleeping in a stretching position." Doc leaned over and shook Kourtny's belly with one hand and we saw him move and Kourtny eyes widened.

"Oh my God! The pain is gone."

"See." Dr. Fable smiled.

"I like you." Kourtny smiled back at her, "dont tell Dr.Gordan that tho." She laughed and Dr.Fable laughed along with her.

The ride home was silent as usual. I brung Kourtny to my house because I wanted to have a talk with her.

"I'll get the rest of my stuff." She said walking to the closet

"Kourtny come here." I sat down on the bed.

She sat down beside me and I knew she was nervous. "I had to been that night we were drunk...after Howard's party." She tried to explain how she was 6 months. Howard always had the toughest parties, that was my guy. That night Kourt and I had to crash at his place since we were so trashed. All we remember was waking up naked on the floor with two broken condoms.