30. That's a bit too much.

The next day....

Ryan,

I knocked on the door and looked down at my keys in my hand.I guess I kinda wish I hadn't gave my mom back her key.

The door opened, "hey."

"Hey can I come in?"

"Why are you acting like a stranger ? ofcourse you can come in." Ro opened the door wider.

I closed the door behind me and followed Ro' to the kitchen. "Oooo your cooking?"

"Yeah I need to meal prep for the next three days..going to be super busy."

"Work huh?" I sat on the island and watched her prep the food.

"Yup..what brung you by today?"

"I um.. I wanted to apologize for the way I've been acting. It's been hard taking it all in, you not actually being my mom but I can't call you auntie and I can't call Regina mom bc I haven't known her to be my mom–"

"You can call me whatever you like.. Ro' if you don't wanna say mom tho. Do not call me ya auntie Ryan."

I laughed a bit. "Alright."

"Regina .. im sure she wouldnt care if you called her mom or whatever you want. You're grown now and it's up to you if you want her to be in your life or not."

I nodded still watching her pace back and forth. "Good to know.. you want any help?"

"Oh no, I got it. but one more thing, I still get to help you make big decisions Ryan."

"That's fine with me." I shrugged.

"How's work for you?" She looked back at me and made a face.

"What?"

"Nothing.. how is work?" She turned back around.

"Work is ...work. Im going back to California this weekend, Im signing that contract for STAR."

"Are you?" She turned around with the biggest smile. "So your gonna sing and dance and–oh my goodness Ryan. Yes." She hugged me tight and I hugged her back laughing.

"You really want me to do this huh?"

"Yes your voice is amazing! You have the talent and all you just needed the courage."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "I guess I have it now."

"Oh." She held her cheeks. "Im so proud of you. My baby is going to be on television!"

"Very soon." I nodded smiling.

"Okay Im gonna calm down. Did you tell Regina?"

"No ..no why would I do that?" I made a face.

"I just thought.. wait you don't talk to her??"

"No I blocked her number after the altercation we had."

"Oh well.. okay."

"I may hit her up to see how she's doing but to not have her in my business...something still seems off about her to me."

"Ryan she has her own money."

"Does she? Why did she call it her husbands money? She made it clear he buys her & my siblings anything they ask for."

"Ok enough." She dried her hands & leaned on the counter.

"I mean...why wait this long??" I shook my head.