58. Talk over Turkey

The Next Morning...

Keith is driving Ryan back to her mom's place. Ryan's mom only had a few more days in California and she honestly was home sick. Ryan knows Keith has court coming up & they both want to spend as much time together as possible.

Ryan kept looking over at Keith while he was driving.

"What?" Keith asked.

"Nothing."

"Say it." Keith reached over and turned down the radio.

"Well first, thank you for taking care of me lastnight."

"My pleasure." Keith chuckled.

"Secondly... thanksgiving is coming up & I wanted to invite–IF you didn't have any plans, to spend it with me and my mom."

"Just you & your mom?"

Ryan shrugged. "Izzy and her mom comes over but she lives out here now so I don't know what she's doing."

"How about.. we bring our families together? It's kevin's first thanksgiving with us in years and I wanna be with you & him."

"That's a good idea." Ryan locked fingers with Keith. "I'll tell my mom about it."

"Okay."

Ryan smiled watching the road.

Keith and Ryan arrived to Ro's house.

"Mom?" Ryan walked upstairs.

"In here." Ro' yelled from the room.

Ryan walked inside the room. "Hey I brought you some food." Ryan held up the food. "It's chinese."

"Oooh thanks." Ro' stood up and took the food. "I need a plate."

Ro' went downstairs to the kitchen and Ryan followed. "We didn't have any plans for thanksgiving right?"

"Uh ..." Ro' thought for a second. "No, why do you ask?"

"Well..."

Ro' saw Keith walking inside the house.

"Well Hello Keith." Ro' smiled.

Keith smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm good.. are you okay?" She walked to him and rubbed his shoulders, "how are you feeling?"

"Im okay." He nodded. "I'm sorry about the way I reacted in that dressing room... to the both of you. It was inappropriate and my emotions got the best of me."

Ryan stood there not knowing what to say. She hoped nobody brung it up again.

"It's alright.. right?" Ro' looked back at Ryan. Ryan nodded in agreement. "Yeah it's okay."

"Okay." Keith nodded. He felt good apologizing for his wrongs.

Ro' looked at Ryan, "I think I know why you asked about thanksgiving."

Ryan smiled. "Keith suggested we spend it with his family.. I think it's a great idea since it's always the two of us."

Ro' looked at Keith. "Can your family cook?"

"Yes ma'am." Keith laughed.

"What about seasoning their foods?"

"No disrespect but I feel attacked.. my mom is black and loves to cook. She'd love to have you in the kitchen with her, if you wanna help out."