48. BullSh*t on BullSh*t

Ryan,

"This was your room?" I asked Keith.

"Yeah." He walked to his closet and took out a box.

I stood behind him watching him. He opened the box and showed me me the gun with bullets inside of a bag beside the gun.

"Why are you showing me this?" I was he confused.

"This was the gun Keenan gave to me at the age of 9.. When my mom was asleep he'd wake me up and take me to his old warehouse and shoot the targets."

"Im so sorry." I rubbed his arm.

I felt myself sobering up more as I got emotional for Keith.

"He gave me these bullets the night before he told me he was gonna take me to do a drive by... that same night he tried to take me away from my mom."

"Keith..." I hugged him but he didn't hug me back so I layed on his arm.

"The day I moved out of my moms house I decided to leave my childhood behind... every now and then I imagine what life would be with a father." Keith closed the box and put it back up. He walked out of the closet and stopped. I followed him and saw him staring at his mom.

"Im sorry baby." She hugged him. I saw Kevin walk in and hug them.

It was honestly a beautiful sight. "It's okay mom." Kevin said. "You did all you could do."

"Im just happy that I got you both here..safe." She rubbed their heads and kissed their heads.

I chuckled at her pulling Keith's head down since he's so tall.

"I love you ma." Kevin voice cracked.

"I love the both of you." She got teary eyed.

Keith was silent... which means he probably shed a tear or two.

I just rubbed his back while his back was facing me. I understand some guys don't like to be emotional infront of their girls so I respect it.

Ms.Jenifer sniffed and looked at me. "Oh Im sorry you had to see this baby." She opened her arms to hug me.

Keith walked out of the room and Kevin stood there wiping his face.

"It's fine. I completely understand it all." I hugged her back. "Im happy for all of you."

"Me too." She wiped Kevin's face. And kissed his cheek.

"A'ight ma!" He wiped his cheek. "Damn." He walked out.

I sat on Keith's old bed and looked around.

"While I have you here I want to talk to you about something." Ms.Jen closed the room door and leaned against the door. "Keith's birthday."

"Yes, It's coming up." I dance a bit. His birthday is in a month.

"Strippers?"

"No." I laughed.

"I knew you wouldn't approve." She laughed and sat beside me.

"It's hard to please him so maybe a surprise party?" I suggested.

"But where?"

"Beach?" I shrugged. "Or a rooftop." I smiled.

"A rooftop." She nodded & smiled back at me. "I really do like you Ryan."

"The feeling is mutual." I laughed a bit.

"Seriously... you're good for him. You get him and don't judge my boy."