41. It's not mine

3am
Ryan,

"Thank you." I took the bag and walked out of the pharmacy. I drove 45 minutes all the way across town to get to this 24 hour pharmacy.

"Ryan?" A deep voice called out from behind me.

It was a tall man with a bunch of facial hair and shades on.

"Yes?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Keenan..." he reached his hand out to me. I looked at his hand. "Keenan Powers...Keith's father." I opened my eyes a bit wider.

"Oh ..ohh." I shook his hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to finally meet you too." He cleared his throat.

"Keith isn't here with me tho so..."

"I know he's not... How is my son ?"

"Oh he's great." I nodded and shrugged. "He's good."

"He's treating you right?"

I smiled. "Yeah he is."

"You sure?" He asked and I made a face.

"Huh?"

He looked down at my bag. "You sure you wanna do that?"

I looked down at my bag and put it behind my back. "I should go." My heart started racing.

"Im sorry I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. Lemme make it up to you?"

I made a face and shook my head. "No.. Im sorry I gotta go." I started walking backwards.

"Atleast tell Keith about the abortion!" He yelled as I bent the corner, I stopped walking. "Your a murderer and you better tell my son or I'll tell the world." My body got heated and I felt my chest tighten up. "How do you think his first lover got exposed..."

Fuck Kourtny and her getting exposed... How the fuck does he know about my abortion? I sighed and walked to Keith's car.

I got inside of Keith's car and drunk some water and took the pill immediately. I drunk more water and tried to catch my breath. I looked up and saw Keenan walking out of the store. I locked the doors and watched him walk to his car. He winked at me and got inside of a car that was being driven by another person. The person looked over at me and laughed and pulled off.

I let out a relief and sat there for another 5 minutes to get my thoughts together.

I walked inside of the house slowly and saw Kourtny was up. She was sitting on the couch crying & wiped her tears once she heard me close the door.

I locked the door and looked over at her. She tried to cover ber face but I already saw.

"You okay?" I didn't really wanna ask but... I did.

"Why do you care."

"I don't." I chuckled and walked away.

"Wait Ryan.."

I turned around and looked at her. "I didn't mean to be an ass just now.... I just have alot going on."

"Maybe you need to go talk to someone." I suggested.

She laughed. I made a face, maybe I missed the joke. "It's so easy for you to say... you don't have anything to stress about or any problems in your life."