32. Party Time. Pt.1

12:09pm...
3 hours until the pool party...

Ryan,

"Hey I um.. was calling just to say hi." I held the phone to my ear.

"Didn't think I'd ever hear from you again—" Regina got cut off by Gaby.

"Is that Ryan??"

"Yes and Im talking to her, not you." Regina told Gaby.

"Fine I'll just text her."

"Good. Anyways Ryan, Im so glad you called me, I want you to come visit us and maybe meet my husband."

"My step father? You can say it."

"Oh yeah.. your step father."

"He knows you have another kid?"

"Yes Ryan, he does. He wants to meet you."

"Maybe once Im done with all this work and meetings. I just signed my contract for this show so.."

"I know! why didn't you call me about that? Ro' told me about that."

"Tell you about it?"

"Yeah I wouldve sent you a congratulations present. Thats something huge Ryland."

"Why?"

"Why ?" She sounded confused.

"I don't want your present and why are you still calling me that bullshit?!" Walter looked over at me. "Im sorry."

"Are you?" She asked me.

"No. I wasnt talking to you." I grew irritated and hung up the phone.

My name is Ryan and since she gave me up with no hesitation she needs to respect me like a niece. This is what I get for trying to make amends with someone who didn't want anything to do with me in the first place.

"What was that ?"

"What?" I looked at Walter and he looked at me. I let out a breath and calmed my nerves, "Im sorry."

"Stop saying sorry, nothing is your fault."

Walter was actually a better agent then Monica was. Never thought I'd say that but Monica just wasnt the best. I couldnt blame her for being snobby sometimes because of her ex husband. But in this situation Monica would've told me 'oh you'll get through it. We have a shoot monday.'

And honestly that's not what I need to hear right now. Walter actually gets me.

"Thanks Walter."

"For what? Taking you back to Sacramento? Na Keith need to say thanks."

I laughed a bit, "that too but... for not being so hard on me & getting these opportunities."

He nodded, "That's my job." I smiled a bit and watched the road. This was going to be a long ride. "But listen... this party or whatever? Don't drink at all, FOX is going to be testing you all for the show."

"Good to know."

"And no fighting Ryan.. I don't need you on any shade rooms and TMZ and whatever news channel."

"Lately I've been able to control my temper, so Im not breaking any nails, phones or cameras. I promise."

"Yeah we got lucky that the girls had no proof that you all did that stuff so next time luck may not be on your sides."

"Im being careful." I leaned my chair back a bit and closed my eyes for a nap.

Izzy,