Chapter 6

Warning: Hate comments. Harsh language.

*Monday Morning*

Diannes POV

I reached for my phone, turning off the alarm on it. I sat up, rubbing my eyes before crawling out of bed. I walked to the kitchen, seeing Katya sat at the table, a coffee in hand. 
"I made you a coffee. Its on the side." She smiled. I thanked her before taking the mug, sipping it. Janette walked in, and Katya and I both noticed makeup caked on her neck. 
"Janette whats with all the makeup?" Katya smirked.
"N-Nothing!" She blushed deeply.
"Nothing to do with why you were late coming back last night?" I teased.
"No! " She squealed, hiding her face in her hands.
"Were just messing with you." Katya said, putting her empty mug in the sink. I finished my coffee before walking back to my small room, taking out some leggings and a vest top, getting ready for todays dance lesson. I threw my hair into a ponytail, smiling as I grabbed my phone. However something grabbed my attention.

53 new twitter notifications
73 new instagram notifications
23 accounts want to send you a message.

It confused me. I had some time so I sat down on my bed. I unlocked my phone, going to twitter, seeing some accounts dedicated to Joe tweeting me.

User 1: What are you to Joe?
User 2: STAY AWAY FROM HIM! YOUR USING HIM!
User 3: You better not be doing bad things with Joe!
User 4: Why would Joe want to hang out with you? Youre ugly and disgusting!

I sniffed, going to Instagram, hoping some messages would be a little nicer. I went to my dms, opening a chat.

User 1: Hey! I found your instagram. Youre Joes friend right? Be nice to him
User 2: Stay away from Joe you fucking bitch.
User 3: Get your hands off our man you slut!

I turned my phone off and wiped my eyes. I thought Joe said it was mainly positive. I used some makeup to hide my red cheeks. I walked out my room, leaving my phone behind.
"Ready to go?" Janette asked.
"Yeah Im ready." I said, trailing behind them as we walked to our classes dance studio.

Joes POV

I woke up, grabbing my phone, going onto twitter. I was confused seeing a lot of people tagging Dianne and I in screenshots of the articles written about the press. However what caught my eye was the comments left on these tweets. I furrowed my eyebrows, seeing my fans hating on Dianne. I never got angry with them however it annoyed me. I spend an evening with a girl and they start calling her names. I understand they want to protect me however Diannes the sweetest girl ever. She didnt deserve this. I started writing a tweet, hoping to put all this to a stop.

Joe Sugg: Hey guys. I never wanted to write something like this, however I think I have to now. The majority of you have seen the articles the press have written. None of them are true. I was meeting up with Dianne as I went to school with her. Also I am horrified to see you all hating on her! She doesnt deserve this! I know you feel like you need to protect me but really shes the sweetest girl and you wouldnt know what she may have been through and how much your words could hurt her. I am disappointed.

Comments soon came flooding in.

User 1: Sorry!
User 2: We didnt hurt her right?
User 3: We are protective
Joe Sugg: @user 3 That isnt an excuse to hurt someone
User 3: Whatever

I huffed, closing Twitter and going to message Dianne

Joe: Hey Di. Im sorry about the fans. Ive told them to stop. Hope youre okayxx

I knew I wouldnt get a reply just yet, seeing that she was most likely in a dance lesson. I put my phone down before getting up, walking downstairs to see Byron in the kitchen.
"Her Bruh." He said, pushing a bacon sandwich towards me as I sat down.
"Hey mate." I hummed.
"I saw your tweet." He sighed. "How where they acting towards her?"
"It was awful." I sighed. "What makes it worse is that.....I still like her..."
"Took you long enough to realise." He laughed a little.
"But she doesnt like me back. That's the bad thing." I looked down, taking a bite of the sandwich.
"Trust me. She does." He said, taking my plate when it wad empty.
"Just ask her out!"

AJs POV

I noticed all through practice today that Dianne wasnt herself. As we were all walking back to our dorms I held her back for a moment.
"What's wrong?"
"N-nothing." She stuttered.
"Dianne you have makeup only on your cheeks. Youre hiding the tear stains. What's wrong?" I asked again.
"J-Joes fans....they all hate me." She sniffed.
"What do you mean?" I asked. I took my phone out my pocket, seeing Joes tweet
"Joes defending you." I showed her. I smiled, seeing her smile a little. "Awww." I giggled.
"What?" She looked up at me confused.
"You still like him dont you?" I asked.
"N-no I dont!" She was quick to defend herself.
"You keep telling yourself that." I laughed. I continued to walk with her until she got to her dorm, walking in after Janette and Katya. I caught up with Neil, walking into our dorm.
"So how long have you known Dianne?" He asked as we flopped onto the sofa.
"Since secondary school. She moved away though. For 10 years."
"Oh damn." He said. "Where you close?"
"Very. However she was closest to Joe."
"Aww did she have a crush on him?"
"You cant tell anyone this." I said. "They dated. They dated for a while and were madly in love. When she got back to Australia she broke up with him knowing she wouldnt be allowed to contact him anymore."
"Why couldnt she?" Neil asked.
"Thats not my story to tell. She had it rough." I sighed. I hoped shed be okay after recieving all the hate.

A/N

Just a little chapter to show how hate could affect someone. And I have a lil bit of writers block lol.

Hope you all enjoyed.

(Also I named the accounts user 1 etc because I didnt want to make up names that may be real and seem like Im accusing people xx)