Chapter 50

Warning: Blood (Just in case anyone's funny with blood), threats, homophobic language

Joe's POV

We dashed downstairs, sliding into the living room. The window was shattered, AJ laying on the floor, Dianne wrapping her shirt round his arm. I looked over at Jack, his eyes filling with panic. He knelt down next to AJ, taking his hand.
"W-what happened?" Jack sniffed.
"We all woke up to it. It only just got his arm." Dianne said. I looked over at Chloe, seeing her calling the police and an ambulance. I knelt next to Dianne, being careful of the blood on the floor.
"It hurts Jack." AJ whined, tearing up.
"I know." Jack sniffed, squeezing his hand gently. "But you're going to be fine." He whispered. AJ nodded, Dianne helping him up, only for him to slump himself against Jack. I stood up, running outside. I looked around, seeing a note attached to the door as I went back in. I pulled it into my hand, reading it quickly.

'Get your stuff and leave town, or else fags'

I stormed back into the house, slamming the door shut. I walked into the living room, handing the note to Jack. He read it and we all watched the anger show on his face. Conor walked over, reading the note. He put a hand on Jack's shoulder, rubbing it gently.
"Were going to find who did this." Conor reassured him. I nodded in agreement, hearing the sirens outside. I went and opened the door, explaining the situation to the police as the paramedics attended to AJ. Luckily the damage wasn't too much and he hadn't lost much blood due to Dianne quickly putting pressure on the bullet wound. I explained as much to the police before they questioned everyone else. Jack handed them the note, the officers taking it.
"We can search it for fingerprints, your house will become a crime scene. Any possible suspects?" They asked. We all looked around at each other before shrugging.
"I can't think of any." AJ coughed, leaning against nodding.
"We will have some officers patrol the area, See if they stayed around." A lady smiled. We all nodded, clinging to each other for support.
"I-I think we should all head back home." Chloe said. We nodded, looking at Jack and AJ.
"You can stay with us." Dianne smiled softly, Jack smiling.
"Thanks." He said quietly, taking AN upstairs to go get some overnight things.

AJs POV

I thought I was going to lose my life. Thankfully they just got me and the damage wasn't too bad, But now I felt like I couldn't go anywhere without the risk. Who would do such a thing? I thought everyone became a lot more accepting. I clung to Jack as we headed up to our bedroom, sitting on the bed as he packed everything. He sat next to me, pulling me into a gentle hug. That's all it took for me to break. I sobbed into his shoulder, clinging to his shirt. Jack rubbed my back, whispering sweet nothings into my ear to try and calm me. I sniffed, wiping my eyes. Jack smiled sadly, kissing my forehead.
"We will find whoever did this. I promise." He said. We slowly walked downstairs, seeing that everyone but Joe and Dianne had gone home.
"Let's go." Dianne smiled. We all headed out, going back to Joe's apartment.

Joe's POV

When we arrived back at mine I set up the sofa for Jack and AJ, making sure they both felt comfortable and safe. We blocked up all the windows and made sure all the doors were locked and blocked up.
"If you need us you know where we are." I smiled. Jack nodded, giving me a quick hug.
"Thanks mate." He said softly.
"Anytime." I smiled, rubbing his back slightly. Jack walked back to AJ, the two hugging for a moment. I took Diannes hand, the two of us walking upstairs to my room.
"I thought he was going to die." Dianne whispered. "I-I didn't know what to do."
"Well you did the best thing. You saved him from passing out and losing too much blood. The police are on it now and they'll find who did it." I said softly, kissing her gently. "We should get some sleep, clear our heads before morning when we can fully focus on it."
Dianne nodded, walking to the wardrobe. She grabbed some pyjamas, changing into them before curling into a ball on the bed. I sighed, taking off my shirt and jeans before laying next to her, wrapping my arms round her small frame
"Night Joe."
"Night Di."

A/N

Merry Christmas Eve!

Haha I'm back (probably not for long oop-)
Well here's what happened. I apologise for the use of homophobic slurs and I know to tread lightly with them. However
I felt like this was a strong storyline I can go somewhere with for now and I hope you all enjoy where this shit show is going!