soompi article + idols' thoughts

Bang Si Hyuk, known as Bang PD of Big Hit Entertainment held a short event to do the unexpected: introduce his very first female trainee since 2015 with GLAM and PERSONALLY

Bang Si Hyuk, known as Bang PD of Big Hit Entertainment held a short event to do the unexpected: introduce his very first female trainee since 2015 with GLAM and PERSONALLY. He is known to introduce his trainees with videos or teasers of them. To introduce this trainee personally shocked everyone, the whole nation I presume.

Jeon Jung Kyung has been training in Big Hit for 3 years and she admitted that she is lucky because she only got into Big Hit thanks to a friend of hers. She said;

I do admit that I am lucky because 3 years ago, Big Hit doesn't accept female trainees. Thanks to this person, he got me into Big Hit.

I took some time to think about it and I know that it is unfair because I know how many girls out there who wants to be an artist and audition.

But I am nothing but a lucky girl who got into Big Hit thanks to someone.

- Jeon Jung Kyung

That shocked everyone but it didn't stop them from continuing to ask questions. She is being asked if she would disappoint people because of her debut due to her being the first female trainee in a long time. Bang Si Hyuk starts to look annoyed about the questions and was about to take the mic from her but she starts to speak again;

It depends on what they will think about me. I keep thinking about countless stuff in my head and this is one of them.

I keep on saying and thinking that I have a solid possibility that I will disappoint everyone because of my debut.

And being the only female artist in the whole company it will definitely make people doubt me for being not as popular as my seniors.

But I assure you, I do not disappoint or will never disappoint you because they think that way. Fame can come but it can either stay or go.

And if that happens to me, I will accept the result I will be getting. I will be either satisfied or disappointed in myself as well.