💛 have you moved on?

NOVEMBER 22, 2020

JungKyung walked into the office where she will be filming her 1st anniversary.

She sat down, the camera was ready. She was about to turn it on until the door opened.

Sunghoon peeks his head through the opened door. A soft smile is plastered on his lips.

"Hello~," he spoke softly, "are you about to start?" he asked. Immediately, JungKyung's manager shook her head.

"We're an hour too early, so feel free to talk to Kyung! We'll give you privacy," her manager left the room.

Sunghoon stood by the doorway, surprised by their reactions. He turned his head and thanked them before closing the door.

He sits down and places the plastic on the table.

"I know your manager bought a cake, so I bought donuts. I know you love them," he smiled, and JungKyung gasped in joy.

She opened the box and all of her favorite flavors were there. From regular glazed donuts for cookies and cream donuts.

Sunghoon laughed when he saw her wide smile. She took one and took a bite, she hummed in joy.

"Congratulations on your 1st debut anniversary," Sunghoon clapped his hand, softly.

"Thank you, Sunghoon~ I'll be anticipating yours next year~," she says, and Sunghoon nodded.

"You know, last year... I thought I would be hugging you and kissing you right now because I'll be very happy," he stated.

"Are you happy now though?" JungKyung said as she tried to avoid the topic she doesn't want to talk about.

Sunghoon nodded, his puppy eyes made her chuckle.

Her heart was doing flips as she ate her donut. She could feel Sunghoon's loving gaze on her. His gaze she couldn't look at.

She closes her eyes and did what seems to be the impossible; look at him.

His beautiful eyes she loves to look at, his moles that she used to kiss a lot, the feeling of his lips on hers would always feel magical.

Now, they're nothing but friends, colleagues who work at the same company.

They both missed the feeling of in love but knowing the toxic society, it might not work for them.

Sunghoon's heart was racing quickly; he swore he could hear it, JungKyung might hear it too.

For the first time in forever, he wished JungKyung could hear it again. How his heart still races for her.

"JungKyung, will you come to our debut showcase?" Sunghoon asked as JungKyung finished her donut already.

She wiped the chocolate from her fingers and nodded her head.

"Of course~ I've been waiting for you to debut since... 2018?" She tilted her head and Sunghoon laughed, his eyes looked at the ground.

Sunghoon took the opportunity and held her hand. JungKyung looks at him, puzzled about his action.

She halted her movements; Sunghoon started crying.

He wasn't saying anything, his expression was blank, yet his eyes were letting the tears fall.

He realized what was happening a second later and wiped his tears away.

"I'm sorry-- I'm just reminded by the date today-," he lets go of her hand and continued to wipe the falling tears.

He rests his face on his thighs, hiding his crying face from JungKyung. He knows how much she hates seeing him cry.

He couldn't help it. He held her hand and he missed it so much, so he started crying.

JungKyung stood up from her seat and held his arms.

She wrapped them around her waist and let Sunghoon cry in her embrace. Sunghoon was sobbing, his sobs echoed in the room.

JungKyung caressed his hair as she fought the tears from falling as well, because of guilt.

She knew how much Sunghoon suffered last year; often arguing with his parents about his dream.

He was in a tight spot but she couldn't stop thinking about his safety and the risks. She broke up with him, in the end.

"JungKyung, please be honest..." Sunghoon spoke and JungKyung hummed.

"Have you moved on?"

Silence...

"Have you moved on from us?" Sunghoon's voice was shaky, almost broken.

JungKyung kneeled and raised Sunghoon's face.

Tears still falling, much slower though. He looked like he was clenching his jaw for it to stop.

JungKyung looked down and nodded slowly.

That's Sunghoon's breaking point.

He hugged her tightly and cried on her shoulder.

His heart wasn't ready to hear her answer, his mind demanded it.

He never wanted her to move on. He wanted to stay with her. He wanted to live his life with her.

Sunghoon continued to cry on her shoulder for a few more minutes. Eventually, he stopped.

He stood up and JungKyung did the same. His hand intertwined with hers. He leaned his forehead with hers.

His heart was breaking and he wasn't sure if it could be mended.

"I hope you're happy, Kyung," he kissed her forehead.

"And I hope I could win your love once more," JungKyung heart shattered. He was willing to continue to love her, even though she has moved on.

Sunghoon lets her hand go and turns around. He opens the door and was about to leave.

He halted his steps and turns around.

"I'm not ready to move on yet, JungKyung."

:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★

Okay tbh...

I cried-