Mother's Day is tomorrow???

Mothering Sunday
Description: MJ and Peter have a competition to find out when the hell Mother's Day is.

Peter Parker's PoV
"So what are you gunna do with your mum on Saturday MJ?" I asked, we where walking down the hall to our lockers at the end of the day. It was Friday and we all just wanted to go home.

"What do you mean looser? I'm not going out with my mum on Saturday... I'll probably just do my homework." She replied, a bit confused.

I stopped walking, turning to her. "What do you mean your not doing nothing? You have to do something with your mum on Mothering Sunday!"

She looked at me and burst out laughing. "You mean Mother's Day?" She sighed. "You may have got your dates mixed up but today is the 30th of March."

I nodded. "Yeah... I know that."

"Well looser, Mother's Day is the 12th of May. Your over a month early!"

Now it was my turn to look confused. "No, Mother's Day, this year, is on the 31st of March!"

"No it's not."

"Yes it is.

"No it's not."

"Yes it is!"

"No it's not."

"Yes it is!!"

"No it's not."

"YeS iT iS!"

"No. It's. Not." She Finished sternly, raising her voice.

"Calm down." Ned said, only having just caught up to us as he had a different class. "What are you arguing about."

I turned to Ned. "Come on Ned, you have to side with me. Mother's Day is on the 31st of March this year. Isn't it." I said, hoping he would be on my side.

"Wait... MOTHERS DAY IS TOMORROW! I THOUGHT IT WAS ON THE 12th OF MAY!!!! I HAVE NOTHING FOR MY MUM!" He said going crazy, panicking and running round in circles.

"No looser, it is on the 12th of March! Looser 1 here just can't get it through that think skull of his." She said flicking my head.

"Wait do it is on the 12th of May?"

"Yes!" "No!"

MJ and I cried at the same time.

Now Ned was extremely confused.

"Okay losers. I have a way to sort this." MJ Said. "Looser 1, you go around and get a tally of how many people think it is tomorrow, 31st of March. And I will go around getting a tally of people who think it is 12th of May. You have to get their names down so we know eachover is not lying. Loser 2 go with whoever." She explained, handing me a sheet of paper and a pen.

Ned decided to walk around with Me and MJ walked off to start getting tally's. "MJ" I called. She turned around, staring at me. "Why are you doing this?" I questioned.

"I have nothing better to do." She said before continuing to walk off.

We turned the other way and started walking down the halls to see if anyone was at school before going outside. It was time to get tallys.

Me and Ned spent 15 minutes in the school getting no tally's.

We walked around aimlessly, having gone outside for half an hour and only having 15 minutes till we had to meet up with MJ and guess what. No tally's.

I sat down on a bench, sighing. "Maybe MJ was right." I was ready to give up before Ned opined to a large group of people and suggested that we should ask them.

"Hello?" I said awkwardly after walking upto them. "Sorry to bother you but we are doing a tally and so forth and we would just like to ask you, do you think Mother's Day is this year on the 31st of March or 12th of May?" I said gingerly.

"Twelfth of May? Hell no. Mother's Day is tomorrow!" One of the people from the group said in a very. In American accent. They where British tourists.

"Wait, so all of you think it is tomorrow!" I said excitedly.

A chorus of "Yes" was my reply.

It took us 5 minutes for them all to write their names down and by then we had 21 people saying it was tomorrow.

After that we headed back to outside the school, our meet up point and saw that MJ was already there.

"Sup losers." She said as we approached.

After we got back we sat down and Ned stood on a ledge in front of us.

"So.... in first place we have." I held my breath and waited, I knew MJ beat us but it was still fun to do. "THE 31st OF MARCH WITH 21 PEOPLE!"

I liked shocked, how had I won.
"And in second place was 12th of May with 74 people but no names." Ned turned to MJ. "So technically you lost.

MJ glared at him before shrugging her shoulders. "At least I had fun."

We got up and packed away and started walking to our respective houses.

"So, tell me. How did you get 21 people." MJ said, intrigued.

"Well-"

"We ran into a load of English people." Ned cut me off.

"Ned!" I said. "That was supposed to be a secret."

MJ laughed. "So you only one, 1) because you got them to write their names down 2) by pure luck you bumped into a chuck load of English people.

"Yeah." I said shrugging my shoulders. "We still won tho."

We continued walking before MJ spoke again. "Hey, looser 1. You sure your not British?"

"What do you mean is he 'sure he's not British?' Ned questioned.

"Well," MJ started to explain. "If you search up, 'mothering Sunday', because that's what peter said first, he said 'do something with your mum on Mothering Sunday.' And it comes up with 'Sunday 31st of March' then in small underneath says 'Mothering Sunday 2019 in United Kingdom.' Which is Wngland, Scotland, Wales and a small bit of Ireland." MJ explained.

"I actually lived in England till I was 4." I said casually.

"What!" They both said in unison.

"Yeah both mum and dad where British but when they passed, May and Ben where my closest relatives so they flew me here and I haven't gone back since."

"What?" I said as they started at me.

"No wonder you think Mother's Day is tomorrow."
—-
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
Well, to all non Americans 😂
I was gunna just do a Mother's Day one where Peter hangs out with Pepper and May but then I realised that, well, Americans have it real late, so yeah this is how this oneshot was born 😂

Hope yall all had a great Mothering Sunday!

-Spidey