A birthday never to forget

Aghagaha happy birthday Tom, atm in England it is 12am, 1st June 2019 and spider boiii is 23!!!!

So happy birthday 🥳

—-
Peter Parker's PoV
I grabbed my bag, stuffed a granola bar in my mouth and headed to the door. "Gu buuuu muy!" I said, struggling to actually speak properly with my mouth stuffed full.

Today was my birthday.

I was officially 16... and May had forgot. Like yeah she has been really buys lately but she always remembers.

I shrugged off the thought as I hopped onto the subway, she was probably just tired and would say it too me this afternoon.

Surprisingly I got to school on time and was there before Ned, no one could get to school before MJ, sometimes even the teachers couldn't, she just sat in her usual spot in a corridor and just read her books.

"Hey MJ." I soad, walking upto her.

"Good morning looser." She replied, nose still berried in her book, not even glancing up.

Now of course why would I expect her too know, like we barely talk... I just, for some reason felt a little let down, I really don't know why, I just did.

I met with Ned at his locker a while after my encounter with MJ. And nothing. We did our normal handshake and then... well he got his books and we started walking to class, talking about Star Wars... like we always do. Nothing different. Just a normal Friday. Just like every week. Not like today was special.

"So Ned." I asked when we sat down for lunch. "You doing anything after school?"

He looked at me exitedly. "No, but I am going and getting-"

Yeah. I wasn't really listening. May would be busy, Ned was, MJ won't care, no one really does care.

The rest of the day was... well kinda shit. Flash was a Dick, as usual though, don't know why it surprised me.

After school ended it started raining. Yay. What a great way to end an already marvellously melancholy day.

And happy was late. So I stood, dripping wet in the rain.

When he eventually arrived I climbed in, soaking wet, and plonked down on the cold seats.

I looked up too see happy looking at me through the mirror.

"I'm sorry I'm wet happy." I said, feeling guilty, didn't want him to hate me even more.

Surprising he replied with, "It's okay kid, my problem for being late."

I smiled and leaned back in the seat, relaxing.

"Hey kid?" Happy called. "Happy birthday."

I froze. Did he, Happy of all people. Just remember my birthday.

He looked at me through the mirror, probably not having had the response he hoped for.

"Unless it isn't your birthday..." he soad unsurely.

I relaxed, smiling. "Nah, it is. Just didn't think you'd remember."

I snuggled up in the seat, content to know that at least one person remembered. If only one. At least it was not none.

I think I fell asleep on the way to the compound as before I realised it had been more than a few seconds we where outside the compound, Happy shaking me awake.

We rushed in, bear in mind it was still absolutely shitting it down with rain.

We got in, bedraggled and wet, I scanned my pass, going through the metal detector.

"Happy birthday." The receptionist said.

Okay that's strangw. How can a receptionist know it's my birthday but none of my friends.

I took the elevator upto the penthouse to see... everyone...

Balloons, cake, banners, smiles and laughs.

MJ, Ned, May, Mr Stark

"Happy birthday!" Everyone chorused.

I hugged them, we laughed and had a night of fun.

And what started as the worst birthday berry, tuned into one I would never forget.

—-
God I started writing this at 11:36pm on Friday 31st of May and now it's 12:11am on Sunday 1st of June and Tom is 23!

I can't believe I stayed up just to write this and shit but yayayayyayaya

I'm a happy dumpling

Now, I need sleep

-Spidey