Shelter it is... or not

Spideychelle
Description: MJ runs away and Peter helps out

—-
Michelle Jones' PoV
I slammed the door closed, quickly locking it before locking it. It was 32nd time this in the last two months I had come home to my parents, arguing, my dad with a bottle in hand, my mum not prepared to fight back, not prepared to leave, because if she does... he takes it out on me.

So that's why we stay, not enough money to move, so we deal with his crap, but I was sick of it.

I took my school bag off my shoulder and packed the rest of my school books that I didn't already have in my bag, I grabbed a jumper, being stupid and not thinking to take any other clothes.

I quickly slipped into my parents room and grabbed some notes from my dads money bank, he had the money. He just never shared it.

After that I quickly ripped a piece of paper out of one of my books and got a pen and started scribbling out a note.

Dear Mum,
                      I have to go, if I'm gone then you can get out and leave that monster, you won't have to worry about me, I'll stay at a friends house, promise I'll be safe.

I took the pen, slipping it in my bag before taking the note and sliding it under my pillow, mum would find it there.

I unlocked my door, checking the parents where still downstairs before opening up my window, I slipped both legs out before dropping myself down into our neighbors skip who had luckily chucked a mattress in it so I landed, quite softly on that before climbing out and walking out onto the street.

In my letter I may have lied a little, I wasn't planning to stay at a friends, because that... that would be awkward.

So at the moment I was just going to go and chill in a caffe, ready my book, then probably sleep in a near by park, I had a blanket, could lie on a bench? Or i could go to the homeless shelter, where you could sleep and they would cook food.

But that is as a last resort, because there are people that need that place way more than I do.

I walked for a while, not wanting to be so close my dad could just walk out the house and drag me back, so I walked for around 30 minutes before sitting down in a library (I couldn't find any cafes) so I grabbed a book from a shelf and sat down, time to read and pass the time.

Turns out I read for a bit before falling asleep for 4 hours and now the library was closing.

I picked up my stuff and headed outside, it turns out it had been raining whilst I was asleep and was now drizzling down.

I walked along the street, hands stuffed in my pockets. It was winter, meaning that it was real dark... and real cold.

I stopped at a ZEBRA CROSSING (A/N I'm soggy but I had a whole argument with a person on how cross walk is absurd ans Zebra crossing sounds better, so don't challenge me) I was going to cross till I noticed a car speeding this way, probably best to let it pass, didn't fancy being run over today.

The car sped past, and obviously being the Good Samaritan they where they decided I drive right through the massive puddle that had accumulated at the side of the road.

I. Was. Soaked.

I turned around to walk back the way I came, the shelter it is.

Peter Parker's PoV
"Here you go." I said, handing a bowl of todays lunch to Mandy, she was one of the homeless people who lived here, this was her home, as a worker you recognise the regulars, and you see how the shelter helps people get back on their feet, back to a working paid life.