Birthday (VirgilxPatton)

I realise I don't do much of this ship!

It was Patton's birthday in a couple of days and it was no secret, that Patton liked meatballs and pasta, it was his favourite meal

Now, Virgil had learned to cook years ago in order to impress Patton, which he never had to do, considering the fatherly trait fell hard and fast for the dark side and wanted to date him as soon as he could. So, this meant that Virgil could make Patton food!

Virgil knee his boyfriend liked chocolate cake and he also knew he liked dogs and cats, so, he began to bake a chocolate cake, all different layers and sizes, with chocolate buttercream, with brown and white fondant he had to make and a ginger fondant he also made. He used black and green fondant for the eyes and pink for the tongue.

He cut everything to shape and stuck it all together, of course it took a few days, which meant he had to focus on Patton's physical gift the night before Patton's birthday.

But, the cake was ready for the day.

He spent the night wrapping gifts up. He had bought Patton a verity of things, he bought Patton a new cookie jar, with the bottom decorated with dogs and cats. He also got Patton a dolphin teddy, since the side adored teddies and if Virgil was begging honest, Patton had plenty of other animals. Virgil bough Patton a new notebook, that came with stickers, since the Dad had been upset that he had no others. He bought his boyfriend a light blue, white and rainbow flower crown, which would make Patton even cuter. He wrapped up some baby blue bath bombs, because Patton needs to treat himself, along with some lavender scented candles.

He wrapped them in blue wrapping paper with dogs and cats on and placed them in a gift bag with more dogs and cats on. He had a card that had a cat on and it read, 'Have the most purrfect birthday!' Cats and puns, two of his boyfriends favourite things put together.

He opened it and began to write with a blue pen, and wrote in:

'To Patton/

Have a lovely birthday and I hope you get everything you want and that your day is filled with magic and fun.

Lots of love
Virgil
xxxxx'

It was nothing special, but it got the message across and placed it in the envelope, with fifty dollars in and placed it in the back and he even went on a hunt in imagination to find pastel blue roses and a blue heart shaped helium balloon that he tied to the bag, he set the roses in the bag as well and put it to the side and set his alarm for six.

His alarm blared, making him groan and slam his hand down on the sound. He got up nonetheless and quickly got ready.

Virgil ran down stairs quietly and began to make breakfast, Patton's favourite, pancakes, with syrup, chocolate, sugar and lemon, scrambled eggs and bacon. He made enough for everyone, well except himself, who ate an apple instead and for Logan made a healthy oatmeal breakfast and went to the rooms. He set them out, except for Patton and he went upstairs holding a silver tray of food, orange juice and hot chocolate and gently knocked on Patton's door.

"Come in." Said a quiet and tired voice, even though it was now ten in the morning.

Virgil pushed the door open and switched on the fairy lights above Patton's bed, "good morning."

"Hi Virge..." Patton slowly sat up and yawned, stretching.

"I made breakfast in bed for you." Smiled the boyfriend, kissing Patton's cheek, making said side giggle.

"You did?" He asked, smiling as Virgil set it on his lap.

"Yep, you're favourite."

Patton kissed the corner of Virgil's lips, "thank you."

"You're welcome."

The other two where eating and Virgil had set the gifts down stairs, ready for Patton to open.

He cleaned the house and once Patton came downstairs, presents and cards were opened. Wrapping paper littered the floor, glitter surrounded the area and sticky sellotape stuck in random areas.

Patton had placed his roses into a blue vase with water, admiring the gifts and thanked everyone around him, but peppered Virgil's face with kisses.

They decided to watch a movie, Secret Life of Pets, since Patton really wanted to watch it. Patton snuggled up to Virgil with a dog blanket, all watching the movie, until Virgil go up.

"Where you off to, Virge?" Asked Patton, missing the warmth off of his boyfriend.

"I need to make lunch." Chuckled Virgil, kissing Patton's cheek gently, "I'll be back later."

Virgil spent the majority of the day in the kitchen, making meatballs and pasta, with homemade sauce, only the best for Patton, even homemade garlic bread.

He set it out and when they began eating, he was instantly kissed by Patton, who claimed it was the best thing he'd ever eaten.

"Well, I highly doubt that." Virgil had responded, as the three sides ate, savouring the flavours.

They finished and Roman cleaned the dishes, since it was Patton's birthday and Virgil had cooked and Logan was trying to show emotion.

"There's one more surprise." Smiled Virgil.

Patton's eyes widened, "there's more?"

"Of course!" He took Patton through to the kitchen in Thomas' physical house, the other two following and there in the middle of the kitchen, was the cake.

"Woah!"

It was a life size cake of a dog and cat, looking incredibly real.

"It's chocolate too."

The family got stuck in and spent the rest of the night eating cake and laughing, Patton now personably curled up in Virgil's arms.

Best birthday, ever!