Timing (PattonxVirgil)

Requested by sinnersex I hope this is ok!_______________________________

_______________________________

Virgil watched at Patton cooked, it was a soup of some sort, possibly chicken he wasn't sure. He just watched the male.

Maybe this was the time? Yes, this is the time!

Virgil got up suddenly from the table, the chair making a horrible scraping noise against the floor, making Patton look over and Virgil wince.

"What's up, kiddo?" Patton smiled, a large friendly smile.

Virgil flushed, his crippling anxiety coming back full force, worse then usual, "I... need the bathroom!" He ran out the kitchen, making Patton frown and shrug.

If you gotta go, you gotta go.

Anxiety tried again, when Patton was on his phone on the sofa, scrolling through pictures of dogs and cats on google.

He watched Patton from the bottom of the stairs and went to walk over, but paused mid stride when Logan sat next to Morality.

Patton smiled at the tie wearing side and went back on his phone and Virgil glared, sinking out sadly.

Virgil sighed, on his back on his bed, 'how hard is it to tell one guy you like him?!' He thought to himself angrily.

Anytime Virgil tried to tell Patton how he felt, one of the sides would pop up and begin talking, or Thomas called them, or just Patton, or just Virgil.

At this point he was ready to become the Crazy Cat Side, who never fell in love and lived with twenty cats.

Maybe he could write a note? And risk Roman and Logan seeing it... No, he couldn't do that. He just have to tell him... when it was the right time.

Whenever that would be.

He thought maybe now, but Roman had just walked in with what looked like a script and Logan followed with a laptop.

Patton looked up from the kitchen and Virgil up from the sofa, holding back a groan of annoyance.

"We just came to inform you that Thomas requires our help for a few hours and so, will not be around if you need us." Logan said sinking down as Roman waved with a smile, following.

Patton sat on the sofa next to Virgil with a cookie, "well Virge, seems to just be me and you!"

Virgil smiled at that, "yeah, seems to be..."

"What should we do? Oh, unless you want to be alone!" Patton smiled softly, his eyes half-lidded.

"No I want to spend time with you..." Virgil smiled back softly, with half-lidded eyes too.

Patton flushed and nodded, "great... what do you want to-"

"Patton, can I tell you something?" Virgil asked, the tone of his voice serious.

Patton didn't even scold him from cutting him off, how could he? Virgil meant no harm by it.

"Of course, what's wrong?"

Virgil waved his hand, "nothing! Just... please don't laugh... or hate me."

Patton's eyes widened, "oh my god, did you get someone pregnant?!" He asked as his heart rate increased, "I-it's ok! I'll-"

"What?! No! I'm gay, you know th- I meant I have a crush on a side!" Virgil cut in, realising everything was getting off topic.

Patton blinked, his heart slowing back to a normal pace, "oh..." then he felt his stomach drop and churn, "oh uh... who is it?" He asked, holding back the tears that wanted to fill his eyes.

Of course Virgil had a crush! Why wouldn't he?! His dark strange crush, had a crush of his own. Patton knee he shouldn't have got his hopes up, he knew it would end badly.

"Well... it's someone close to me... Everyone loves him, even if he messes up by accident because everyone knows he's trying his best..." Virgil replied, why couldn't he just say it?! Why was he tiptoeing around the question.

"He sounds lovely..." Patton whispered as his shoulders slouched.

Virgil nodded, "yeah and... it's..." Just like a bandaid, "it's you!" He slammed his hand over his mouth and blushed.

Patton froze, slowly looking to Virgil, "m-me?"

"I understand if you don't like me back, or hate me! I'm so sorry Pat-"

"Can I kiss you?" Patton asked, his hands shaking, wanting to caress Virgil's cheek so badly.

Virgil blushed more and nodded, making Patton lean in and gently kiss him.

Patton raised his hand and gently caressed Virgil's cheek and Virgil slowly kissed back, placing his hand on the back of Patton's neck to pull him closer softly.

Roman raised up, having forgotten a sheet and froze, seeing Patton and Virgil kissing lovingly and slowly sunk down to Logan and Thomas.

"Did you get the sheet Roman?" Logan asked, making Roman shake his head.

"Uh... lets stay out here for a few hours."

Logan frowned, "but we are?"

"No, as in we don't go back... at all... for anything." Roman clarified.

Thomas' eyebrows furrowed, "why...?"

"Because I said so!" Roman squeaked out, shyly and Logan and Thomas shrugged, abiding to the princes wishes and didn't go back at all.

All the while the gentle kissed between Virgil and Patton, turned a bit more heated and they were thankful there were no interruptions.