FIVE

"Today I will be choosing your partners for this assignment." My teacher says while handing out papers to the class.

"Fuck that shit." I say under my breath, and the teacher turns to me.

"Language Gunderson." I roll my eyes, and look down at the paper he gave me.

The teacher moves to the front of the room, and shushes the class.

"For this assignment your partners will be on the board. The directions for this assignment are on the paper I handed out. Now find your  partners, and get to work. You have 30 minutes of work time."

Everyone in the room walks to the board to look for their partners. I hear most people in the crowd saying "no!" Or "shit!"

I push through the students, and and look for my name. I scan the board, and when I see my name I groan at who's name was next to mine.

Sam golbach.

I walk over to his desk, and sit at the one next to his.

"I guess we are partners." I say, and he rolls his eyes.

"Keep rolling your eyes and they will get stuck like that." I mimick what he said to me days ago, and he shakes his head, and tries to hold in his smile.

"Is the rumor about you and Colby true cuz if it i-"

"Of course it's not true Sam! I can do better." He lets out a sigh of relief, and I don't make eye contact with him.

"I mean I don't know about better but.." I punch him in the arm after he said that, and he winces.

"Damn Kaylee chill! I don't want my arm broken like Nick's nose." I glare at him, and he laughs.

"You sound like fuckin Colby." I cross my arms, and he turns his desk towards me more.

"Why would I sound like colby? Since when do you talk to him?"

"I don't. It just sound like something a dick would say." I'm quick to say this, and Sam nods.

"If your fuckin my best friend I will never go near him again. Not after you were touching all over him." My jaw drops when he says that, and some people in the class turn toward us.

"Shut the fuck up Sam!" I punch him again, and he grabs his shoulder.

"Wait. The rumors true?" This kid at the front of the room says. I turn to him, and he's looking straight at me.

"No. It's not. Now shut the fuck up." I turn back to Sam, and he's laughing.

"What are you laughing at?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"It's funny when you get mad." I glare at him, and he trys to hide his smile.

"Mr.laumen!" I raise my hand, and he looks up at me. "Can I switch partners?" Be shakes his head, and I groan.

"Whyyy." I hold the y, and lean back in my chair.

"Work on it at my house tonight?" He asks. I look up at him, and think about it for a second.

Do I really wanna go to his house? No.

"It's either my house or yours. Your pick." He puts in bag over his shoulder, and I sigh.

"I guess I'll go to your house." I say, putting my binder in my back pack.

"See you after school then. Just follow me home." The bell rings, and he walks out of the class room.

What have I done?

----

"Sorry Elle, your walking home today." I close my locker, and she stands there, glaring at me.