FIFTY-FOUR

"Colby!?" Jake goes after him, and I quickly stand up.

"What is your problem!?" I yell at my dad. He doesn't say anything, he just gives me an angry face. I look at Sam, Corey and Brennen, and their shaking their heads.

"Let's get out of here." Sam takes my hand, and pulls me out of the house. I hear I loud bang from my dad throwing something, and we hurry out of the house.

"Why the fuck does your dad want to move?" Brennen asks, buckling up.

"No idea." I wipe a tear from my cheek, and try to keep myself together.

"Should we wait for Colby and Jake?" Sam asks.

"No, they can walk. Let's go." Brennen says, and we drive off.

Fuck.

Why do things have to be so difficult with my dad. Why can't I just have a normal family again? If my mom was still with us my dad wouldn't be like this and I know it. He never even drank before.

"You okay?" Brennen asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. I simply nod my head.

Of course I'm not.

"You sure?" He asks. I just nod my head again.

I know that me talking about it would just make me break down and cry so I try not to say anything.

The rest of the ride to Jakes house is silent.

We get there and go upstairs to see if Jake and Colby had gotten home yet.

I'm about to open the door to Jakes room but I stop when I hear him and Colby talking.

"I just can't believe her dad would do this." Colby says. I press my ear up to the door.

"Me either." Jake says. I sigh.

——

"When are we leaving?" I ask, not making eye contact with him.

"About two weeks after school."

"What!? School ends next month!"

"I know. But I have to leave for work. I have no choice." My dad says. I roll my eyes.

"Why can't I stay with Jake? Why do I have to come with you?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"We're not going to live in completely different states Kaylee."

"I wouldn't mind." I say under my breath.

"Would you like to repeat yourself?" He raises his eyebrows and I shake my head.

"That's what I thought." He puts his glasses back on and begins to read whatever the fuck he was reading.

"Don't worry. You know someone that loves to New York don't you? Kian was it?" He asks with a grin.

He doesn't know anything about him. All he thinks is that we were a thing for a bit. That was back when I told my dad almost everything.

I stand up from the island and storm over to my room.

My dad has been making me stay at his house more often lately so we could "get along."

No I'm not living here. I'm not living with him if I don't have to.

My phone begins to ring, and I see that Colby is calling me. I pick my phone up, and answer it.

"Hey." He says.

"Hey Colby." I smile, and lay on my bed.

Me and him are completely back to normal now, and closer than ever. Which isn't a good thing at all.

"So, do you know when your leaving yet?" He asks.

"Yeah..."

"When?" He asks impatiently.

"A couple weeks after school ends I guess." I say, and it goes silent.

"Colby?" I ask.

"Sorry. It's just taking me a bit to process what's happening." He says.

"Me too baby but just know that I'll be visiting."

"And we're NOT losing touch." He says, and I smile.

"No were not."

"How's things with your dad? You've been with him a lot lately right?" He asks.

"He's still a dick." I say, and he chuckles.

"Surprise surprise." He says, and I giggle.

"Why can't you just stay here with me?" He asks.

"My dad would never let that happen. If I could I would." I say into the phone.

"We need to make the time we have left together special." He says.

"Your acting like I'm dying or something." I say.

"You know what I mean." He chuckles. "I'm not leaving your side."

"Could I come over?" I ask.

"Yeah...when?"

"Now?" I ask, and smile.

"Then get your ass over here." He says.

"On my way." I smirk, and put the phone before heading out of the house and making my way to his house.

I knock on his door, and before I could even say hi he picks me up and carries me up to his room while he kisses on my neck. I can't help but giggle and laugh the whole way up.

He closes his door behind us, and he sets me down in the bed. He crawls on top of me while slowly taking off my shirt. He takes his off, and he kisses down my neck and down my breasts.

I tug on his grey sweatpants signaling for him to take them off. He does so and I take mine off.

I run my hand down his stomach while we make out on his bed.

"I love you." He says under his breath.

"I love you too baby."

——

Authors note: I'm living for this relationship 😩