THIRTEEN

I look over, and see colby storm off. Looks to me he was walking away from Kacey.

"You think they're back together?" I say, and stop at my locker.

"I wouldn't be surprised." He said, and leaned against the locker next to mine.

"Me neither." I put my coat in my locker, and shut it.

"Let's walk around till class starts, yeah?" He says when I put the lock back on my locker.

"Sure." I say, and we walk away.

We pass Kacey, standing alone in the middle of the hallway. She scoffs, and looks me up and down. I stop in my tracks, and walk towards her.

"Got something to say?" I spit.

"Yeah. Stay away from my boyfriend." She says, and crosses her arms.

"Ignore her." Jake tries to pull me away but I don't budge.

"Listen to your little boyfriend." She looks Jake up and down, and smirks

"He's not my boyfriend." I say, gritting my teeth.

"Awww. Did I hit a soft spot?" She says, tapping her foot.

"You have no idea how hard it is for me to not kick your ass right now."

"And you won't." Jake cuts in.

"We don't know that yet." I say

"Hit me, and you'll regret it." She tries to sound intimidating but it doesn't work one bit.

"I don't think I will." I say

"Hit me, and see if you will."

"Leave her alone." Brennen cuts in. I look at him suprised, and he winks at me.

"Lay a hand on her I dare you." Corey steps in.

"Guys stop." I groan.

"This isn't for you. It's for us." Sam says.

"So you need your little boy toys to help you in a fight huh?"

I see Sam's fists clench, as he glares at Kacey.

"Aw Sammy? I thought you were done with Kaylee?" Kacey puts all her wait on her left hip.

"Who said I was helping Kaylee?" He says.

"Kacey. I recommend you leave before you regret it." I say, making eye contact.

"I'm not move-" before she can even finish her sentence, I slap her on the cheek. She puts her hand on her cheek, and and groans in pain. A hand print already forming on her face.

She tries to hit me back, but I grab her hair, and tug on it as hard as I could. I push her down, and before I can do anything else I'm picked up by someone, and walked away from the fight.

"Put me down!" I yell, and kick, but it doesn't work.

"I'm warning you! If you don't put me down-"

"Kaylee. Shut the fuck up." He cuts me off. My eyes widen in shock when I realize Sam had picked me up, and not Jake.

"Sam! You mother fucker!" I yell. All eyes are on me, and I'm started to feel embarrassed.

"Quit getting in these dumb fights. Your bouta get expelled I swear to god." He says and puts me down. I quickly run, but he grabs onto my sleeve. I stop in my tracks, and try and yank my arm away.

"Why won't you just let me beat the shit outta her?" I yell, and yank harder.

"Because."

"I thought you hated her." I keep pulling but he's too strong.