FIFTY-ONE

I get out of the car, and we walk into the gas station. I look for something we can snack on for the next four hours of the drive. We've driven quite a bit and it was getting old.

I feel eyes on me, and I turn around to see a guy. He's tall, and sketchy as hell. I slowly turn away, and Jake walks up to me.

"Cmon, let's go." He says, and we walk over to pay for the food.

JAKES POV-

I pay for my food, and wait while Kaylees paying for hers. I look over and this creepy ass guy is staring at her. I furrow my eyebrows, and he looks at me.

"You got lucky." He winks at me, and motions his head towards Kaylee.

"She's not my girlfriend, or yours. So keep your eyes up." I roll my eyes, and Kaylee looks at me.

"Hush. Let's go." We walk out.

"I was helping you out, but whatever."

"I had to get you out of there before you tried to beat the pedo up." She says, and gets in the car.

"Tried? Psh that would be an easy fight." I say, and buckle up. She raises her eyebrows at me.

"Whatever you say." She says, and plugs the aux cord in.

I'm not ready for another four hours in the car with her.

——

We pull into a parking garage, and shake Kaylee to wake her up.

"We're here." I say, and she quickly sits up. She unbuckles, and jumps out of the car.

"Chill." I laugh, and we walk upstairs.

We knock on the door, and Jillian opens the door.

"Jake!" She runs up to me and hugs me tightly. She lets go, and sees Kaylee. Her eyes widen, and Kaylee smiles wide.

"What the fuck!? Kaylee what are you doing here?" She hugs Kaylee tightly, and they hold the hug for a minute while Kaylee answers.

"I missed you too much to not come." She says, and they let go.

"Wheres Reggie?" Jake asks.

"In his room, come in." We walk in, and Jillian calls for Reggie to come out.

"Reggie! Get your ass out here!" Jillian's yells, and I hear him groan.

"What?" He walks out tiredly, and rubs his eyes. His eyes widen when he sees us.

"I thought you were coming tomorrow." Reggie walks up to Jake, and they hug.

"Nope."

"And Kaylee, what the fuck are you doing here?" He walks up to me, and hugs me tightly.

"I've missed you guys." I say, and let go.

"Well, thanks for not telling us. We couldn't clean." Reggie says.

"You wouldn't have anyway." Jake says, and Reggie shrugs.

"You still don't know how to shut the fuck up." Reggie points at him, and I giggle.

"Well, welcome to Arizona. What do you wanna do?" Jillian asks me.

"Well, What is there to do?"

"Party?" She suggests.

"Nope. I do enough of that." I say.

"Since when?" She asks. I forgot how much I've changed while she's been gone.

"Same, I've got enough of that." Jake says with a chuckle.

"Y'all have changed a lot haven't you." Reggie says.

"Not really. Ya know what, let's go party then." Jake says.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah. You can stay here-"

"Fine, let's go." I say.

"Okay, my friends holding a party. Let's go." Jillian grabs her keys, and we walk out the door.

——

We get out of the car, and Jillian let's herself in. I step in, and the place is full. Music is blasting, and everyone's dancing. I smile, and walk in.

"You showed up! Who's these people?" A girl asks Jillian.

"My brother Jake, my friend Kaylee, and you know my brother Reggie." Jillian says, and the girl nods.

"Well, we've got drinks...help yourself." She says, and her and Jillian walk off, and Reggie leaves us.

"Let's get some drinks." Jake says, and we make our way there.

"Don't leave me like always." I say, and pour myself a drink.

"Well I have no one to walk off with yet." He looks around, and I shove him a bit.

"Seriously." I say, and he chuckles.

"I won't." We finish our drinks, and pour ourselves more until we've had 6 cups each. I was getting a bit tipsy, and ready to dance.

"Come on." I take Jakes hand, and walk him to the dance floor everyone was at.

We dance, and I'm laughing uncontrollably for no reason.

"What?" He chuckles.

"Oh nothing." I take his hand, and spin myself around so I'm in his arms, and I'm facing away from him. We sway to the music while I continue to laugh.

I look up at him, and he's smiling wide. I smile back, and stare into his eyes for a moment. I realize what I'm doing, and I snap out of it.

Kaylee stop. This is Jake we're talking about. Your best fucking friend. And your technically dating Colby.

I spin around so I'm not in his arms anymore, and I'm facing him while holding both of his hands. We continue to dance, and I look over to catch Jillian smiling while watching us.

"Let's get out of here." Jake says, and we grab our drinks. We run out to the street, while sipping on our drinks.

"What are we doing?" I ask.

"Anything." I start skipping down the street, and he jogs to catch up with me.

"What the fuck was in your drink?" He asks.

"Alcohol baby!" I yell.

"Shhhh!" He laughs.

"Have fun and loosen up for once!"

"What do you think I'm doing?" He asks.

"I love you. Bestie." I smile at him while we 'walk' down the street.

"Love you too. Bestie."

——

Authors note: this book is getting a bit boring but TRUST ME I HAVE SOME GREAT THINGS COMING SO BE READY