TWENTY-FIVE

After class with Brennen, he takes my hand, and pulls me out.

"I can walk myself, Brennen." I say, and he ignores me.

He walks me to his car, and I stop.

"Can't I drive myself in my car? I don't want to walk all the way back to school to get my car again."

"Then we can go in you car."

"Why can't we drive separately?"

"Because, I know you don't want to go to Jake's house to talk right now. If I don't go with you, you won't show up." He says, and I sigh.

"Yes I will-"

"I'm going with you." He gets in the passengers seat of my car, and I get in.

----

We arrive at Jake's house, and everyone is already there. I get out of the car, and we walk in without knocking. I go straight to Jake's room, expecting everyone was already there. They were.

"Kaylee, sit." Jake says, and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not a dog." I say, and sit down.

"Okay, now explain." Corey says.

"I already told you guys. It was a fake fight. I don't know why we are here."

"Why did you start a fake fight?" Sam asks.

"Colby got into a fight with someone. I saw them, so I stepped in to stop the fight."

"And?" Brennen says, and scoots closer.

"I realized that it would be suspicious if I helped him in a fight. No one even thinks of us as friends, and I don't think we should be seen together. I realized that, so i acted like I was helping the other guy. Me and Colby started talking shit to each other so things weren't too obvious."

"And that's when he brought up Kian?" Corey asks, and I nod.

"See, he doesn't know when to stop. He went too far."

"Its all good guys. I don't care, cuz like I said. It was a fake fight."

"I saw in the look on your face. He made you upset. I mean, you slapped him, which I think was a good idea." Brennen says, and I giggle.

"Yeah, but he realized what he did. He didn't mean to make me upset."

"He should have thought about what he was saying before be said it." Sam says, and Jake nods.

"Colby is getting a talk from us." Jake says.

"You don't need to do that."

"Well he's on his way." Brennen says. I turn to him and glare. He quickly apologizes.

"Im sorry, but-"

"It's fine." I cut him off. I keep a straight face, and look at the floor. I hear a knock on the door. Making me freeze.

"Come in!" Jake yells, and he steps in.

Colby walks in, and he looks straight at me.

"Hi." He gives me a small smile.

"We need to talk to you." Sam says, and I shake my head.

"No you don't." I say, and Colby gives us a confused look.

"Talk about what?"

"You know your little fake fight you and Kaylee had?" Sam asks, and Colby nods.

"Well, you took it too far." Corey adds.

"I know, and I'm sorry, but-"

"Colby, don't apologize."