SIXTY-SIX

I turn around with a shocked look on my face, and i see him looking directly at me. I run over to him as fast as I could, and ignore my dad yelling at me to board the plane.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, pulling him into a hug.

"I couldn't let you leave without saying goodbye." He says, and I hug him tighter.

"Is Colby coming?" I say, kinda hoping he'd at least say goodbye to me. There's a long pause.

"I don't think so." He says, and I nod slowly.

"I'm going to miss you Ethan..."

"I'mma miss you too. You better visit like you promised." He says, pulling away and looking me in the eyes with his hands still on my shoulders.

"Of course." I look down and smile, and he forces me to look at him again.

"Text me when you land."

"I will." I say and he pulls me into another hug before letting me go. I look at his arm and furrow my eyebrows.

"Hey, your bleeding." I say and he looks down at his arm.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"Okay..." I smile at him and start walking off again.

"Don't like New York too much!" He yells from a distance, and I laugh before boarding the plane.

"What was that about?" My dad asks when I sit next to him.

"I just had to say goodbye to another friend."

——

ETHANS POV-

I watch her walk off then I walk away and drive back to the hospital, where Colby still was.

I open the door to his room and he looks up at me.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Just visiting...Kaylees on the plane."

"Did you tell her I was here?"

"No, I didn't want her to worry. If I told her she would come see you and she'd miss her flight."

"Great. I couldn't even say goodbye." He says and I stay quiet.

——
Hours later...
KAYLEES POV-

I get off the plane and look at the tall buildings around me.

"Welcome to New York." My dad says and I give him a fake smile.

"Like I said, your going to love it here." He says, and I don't respond.

We get a taxi and drive off to our new home.

I'm not gunna lie, the apartment was pretty nice, and it was big too.

I pull out my phone and text Ethan to let him know I had landed safely like he'd asked me too.

"Hey, I heard there's some kids around your age next door." My dad says, walking over to me.

"Nice." I say, and sit on the floor.

"Can we get some furniture in here yet?" I ask.

"Well maybe if you went and brought your shit in you'd have a better place to sit." He says, and I put my hands up.

"Ok chill."

I hear loud music next door, and I groan.

"That must be them." I say.

"Yeah, why don't you go tell them to turn down the music."

"No, why would I do that?" I ask, and he turns to me.

"Because I told you so. Plus it's a chance to meet some friends here."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, now go on." He says, and I roll my eyes and walk out.

I knock on the door nervously. Isn't social anxiety great?

A tall shirtless guy opens the door, and looks down at me.

"Yeah?" He breaks the silence. Not gunna lie...he's hot.

"Um, I'm your new neighbor...just wanted to say hi." I say, not wanting to ask them to turn down the music. He nods.

"Makiah! Jonah!" He yells and some more guys walk up. One of them looks me up and down, and I nervously look away.

"This is makiah." He point at the cute light skinned boy.

"And this is Jonah. I'm carter." He says, waiting for my name.

"I'm Kaylee." I say with a smile. "I'm your neighbor." I say to the new guys.

"Nice to meet you." Jonah and makiah walk away but carter stays.

"What school you go to?" He asks.

"Buffalo high school...why, you go to school?"

"Yeah. We're seniors. And you are?"

I'm shocked, they look like their 19 or 20.

"I'm a junior." I say, and he nods.

"Well, if you wanna get to know some people, I can always introduce you to some people. Here, come in." He walks away, and I step in and close the door behind me. He comes back with a pen, and he takes my hand without saying anything. He begins to write something.

"Here's my number, you party?" He asks.

"Yeah, a little too much.." I say and he laughs.

"Perfect, I'll text you an address to party tomorrow. You can meet me there and I can introduce you to more people."

"Ok, I don't know if I can go but I'll try." I say, hesitant about going. I know I have no plans.

"Aight, see you there." He grins at me, and I smile and roll my eyes. I walk off to my apartment.

CARTERS POV-

I watch her walk off, and I walk back in my apartment.

"Don't start with her." Jonah says and I look at him confused.

"What are you talking about?" I ask and smile.

"She just got here and your already hitting on her." Makiah says and I shake my head.

"No, Shes new and wants to make new friends so I'm helping out." I say.

"Mhmm." Makiah says and opens the fridge.

"Also, Whyd you invite her to destiny's party? Ya know she's gunna be pissed your invited strangers." Jonah says.

"We won't be strangers for long. Plus, she won't even mind." I say.

"Yeah ok. We'll see." Jonah says. I just walk off to my room, and lay on my bed. I see that Kaylee already texted me and I smirk.

Kaylee- hey, this is Kaylee. what's that address?

Carter- glad you came around :) *address*

——

Authors note-
FINALLY AN UPDATE💀
Also I recommend you turn the notifications on, you'll see why