FIFTY

"Your back." Jake says when he sees me walking into my room. I ignore him.

"Hello?" I hear him say.

"Hey." I say quietly, and sit on my bed. I start to scroll through Instagram, and I hear a knock on my door.

"You good?" I hear Jake say. I look up, and he standing outside my door. I nod.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Well you kinda ignored me." He says.

"I'm fine. " I smile, and put my phone down. He sits on the bed next to me.

"That's what you always say." He says, and I roll my eyes.

"Why do you care?" I ask. He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Your my best friend, and I care about you. That's why."

"Well, I'm perfectly fine." I cross my arms over my chest and give him a reassuring look.

"Whatever you say. But about us hanging out somewhere. I kinda have a plan." He says.

"I'm listening." I look up at him.

"Well, this weekend I wanted to go see Reggie and Jillian. I haven't seen them in awhile and I was wondering if you wanted to come and we could go somewhere while we're there. I know how much you miss Jillian." He says. My eyes widen with excitement.

"Wait really!?" I haven't seen them in forever. When Reggie moved to Arizona Jillian came with him. They never liked Kansas and Jillian wanted to get out of here as quick as she could. I'm still surprised her parents let her move with Reggie. I never understood why Jake didn't go with either but I'm glad he didn't.

"Yeah. I was thinking we could leave after school Friday." He says.

"Perfect." I smile wide, and bounce up and down with excitement like a fuckin child.

"I knew you'd be excited." He laughs. "Jillian misses you too ya know. When I told her that I'm going out there she asked me to say hi to you. They don't know your coming."

"Well tell her to text me." I say, and he chuckles.

"She got a new number."

"You don't tell me shit." I say, shaking my head and smiling.

——

Skip to Friday-

"Are you packed?" Jake asks when I leave my room.

"Yup." I hold my bags up, and walk down the steps.

Me and Jake say our goodbyes to his parents and make our way to school.

We walk up to my locker and put my bag in my locker, and we walk to his.

While we're on our way I make eyecontact with Colby. I send him a small smile, and continue to walk.

We stop at jakes locker, and I feel a hand on mine. I turn around and of course it's Colby.

"Hey?" I say.

"What's all the bags for?" He asks.

"Oh, you didn't tell him?" Jake asks, and I shake my head.

"Tell me what?" Colby asks.

"We're going to Arizona." I say.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks, and I shrug.

"It just never came up."

Jake knows about me and Colby and how we're dating. He doesn't know about the drug stuff but he knows about us not talking much lately. None of the other guys know about us at all, but they'll know sometime. I'm surprised they haven't said anything.

Me and Colby are still talking and we're obviously still together. We're just on a little break. Lately we've been talking again but not much, which I thought was stupid. I just want things back to normal. I don't know why we're so distant, other then the stupid drug shit. I guess I just see him differently now.

"Imma go to class." He hesitantly kisses my forehead, and walks off.

"You guys better get along soon." Jake says.

"We will." I say, and he walks me to my class.

——

COLBYS POV-

The bell rings for the end of the day, and I rush out of class.

I see Jake and Kaylee running out the door, and I sigh.

I really wish things could just go back to normal. I don't know why it effected our relationship, but I hope it doesn't for much longer.

I rush over to them, and stop infront of Kaylee. She looks up at me confused.

"How long will you be gone?" I ask, and she raises her eyebrows at me.

"Till Tuesday...why?" She asks, and I sigh at the sass she's giving me.

"I'm just asking. I wanted to say goodbye." I say, and she nods.

"I'm not going to be gone for long." She says, and she sounds almost confused.

"So?" I put my hands on her face, and smash my lips against hers. She pulls away, and looks at me.

"See you Tuesday." I say, and walk away smiling.

——

KAYLEES POV-

I touch my fingers to my lips, and blink a few times as I watch him walk off.

"What the fuck?" I whisper.

"Did he really just?-"

"Yeah." I say, and look at Colby walking away. A small smile appears on my face, and I turn back towards Jake.

"That's what couples do." Jake says, and I roll my eyes.

"We're on a break Jake." I say.

"Your on a break. Doesn't mean you broke up." He says, and I shrug.

"Okay, Whatever let's go." We walk off to the car, and I put my bags away in the back seat before getting in the drivers seat and driving off.

——
Authors note: IK THIS WAS SHORT IM SORRRRRY

I FUCKIN START SCHOOL TOMORROW EWH

Oh and hey I hate self promo and you do too but I thought you should know if dont that I have a fan account where I write imagines @ uwucolbyy
And an editing account @ fwgrxnt

Okay bye ILY