SIXTY-FIVE

I lean against the wall and sink to the floor of Coreys room.

What was I thinking? Fucking Colby the night before I leave...I'm a dumbass.

I hear a knock on the door, and I don't say a word.

"Kaylee, are you in here? I saw you run up the steps." I hear his voice, which actually made me smile.

"Come in." I say quietly, and he opens the door.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Uh I think you know."

"Kaylee...you don't need to worry about him. He ain't shit. I'm his friend, Ive seen him go from girl to girl."

"But...it was different between us. But you don't know that."

"You've told me about everything Kaylee. Yeah I wasn't there for it, but I do know that he hasn't changed. Hes a fuckboy."

"Weren't you? You've changed haven't you?"

"Well, I'm in college. I'm not a dumbass." He chuckles. "And Colby. Hes a junior. Give him time."

"Ethan."

"Yeah?"

"Imma miss you."

"Imma miss you too." He sits down next to me, and I lay my head on his shoulder.

I close my eyes, and listen to the muffled music from downstairs. Eventually, I fall asleep on Ethan.

——

ETHANS POV-

I wake up on the floor of Coreys room, with Kaylee still laying on my shoulder.

"Kaylee." I whisper, and shake her awake. She opens her eyes, and she looks up at me.

"You should probably get up it's..." I look at my phone and check the time. "Ten am."

"Oh shit." She rubs her eyes, and stands up.

"So...do you need to go home to pack shit up or is everything ready?" I ask, and stand up.

"Everything's been ready since yesterday morning." She says, and we walk out of the room then down the steps. Colby, Sam, Jake, Corey, and Brennen turn to us, and Colby gives me a look, and then looks at Kaylee. I shake my head when I realize what he's talking about.

Why the fuck would he ask?

Kaylee walks off and i walk over to the guys.

"Hey Ethan, Ive noticed you've gotten pretty close with Kaylee lately. What's up?" Colby asks, and I raise my eyebrows at him.

"We're just friends...why are you asking?"

"I don't know, I just feel like your trying to take my place." He says.

"What place?" I ask.

"I see what your trying to do." Colby says and laughs. I look at him confused, and I look over at the guys. Jake rolls his eyes at Colby, and Colby looks over at him.

"Colby, you don't have a place in her life anymore." Jake says, and Colby shakes his head.

"We're good now. She showed me last night." Colby winks at me, clearly thinking I'd get jealous.

"No one needs that information." Sam looks at him, and Corey just laughs.

"I don't want her back though...she's a whore."

"How many girls have you slept with since you and Kaylee stopped talking? You cant talk." I say, and glare at him.

"Aww. Is Ethan getting defensive?" Colby grins.