FIFTY-TWO

I wake up in a bed I don't recognize. My eyes widen, and I quickly turn to make sure no one is sleeping next to me.

I sigh in relief when I see no one there, and I lay back.

"Finally, your awake. Let's go." I hear a voice. I look up to see Jake putting a shirt on, and opening the door. I furrow my eyebrows.

No. Please no.

"We didn't do anything, Kaylee." He chuckles, snapping me out of my thoughts. I roll my eyes, and lay back.

(Authors note: guys.. I could never.💀)

"Head ache?" He asks. I nod. "Me too."

"Let's get out of here. Jillian and Reggie are ready to leave." He says. I stand up, and brush my hair a bit with my hands before walking out.

We walk out to Jillian's car, and drive off.

"I've got something for us to do tomorrow, like I promised." Jake says.

"Okay." I nod, and smile.

I feel like shit.

My phone goes off, and I take it out of my pocket.

COLBY: Hey

KAYLEE: Hey

COLBY: Ive missed you

KAYLEE: I've been gone for two days

COLBY: that's not what I mean. I miss being with you. I miss us.

KAYLEE: Were just on a break Colby. Just so I can think

COLBY: Think about what

KAYLEE: You know

COLBY: I don't actually.

KAYLEE: I'll see you Monday Colby

I put my phone in my lap, and sigh.

"What's up?" Jake asks.

"Nothing. It's just Colby." I say.

"Aww Colby? I've missed him..how is he?" Jillian asks.

"Kaylee won't make up with him." Jake says, and I glare at him.

"Jake, stop." I say, and he rolls his eyes.

"Well, Whatever it is that your talking about. I hope it's resolved." She says.

"Thanks jillian." I give her a small smile, and lay back in my seat.

——

"You ready?" Jake asks.

"Yeah." I walk out of the bathroom, and he smiles.

We walk out of the apartment, and to my car. We drive off, and arrive at the movies.

We walk in, and pick a movie, and get some snacks. We race to the theater, and I sit down.

Jake is out of breath, and I start giggling.

"Shhh!" I hear from the back. I give them a face, and turn around.

"Let's not cause problems everywhere we go." Jake says, and I playfully roll my eyes.

"It's always your fault." I tease.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." He smiles, and sits next to me.

The movie starts, and I lay my head on his shoulder until the movies over.

——

"What next?" Jake asks when we get in the car.

"I'm hungry." I say.

"We just had popcorn."

"So?"

"Fine. We'll stop somewhere and...go to the mall?"

"Perfect." I smile, and we drive off.

I really don't deserve a friend like him.

——

After the long and fun day, me and Jake drive back to Jillian and Reggie's place to stay one more night before going back to Kansas.

I wake up in the morning, and wake Jake up so we could get ready to go. He swats my hand away when I shake him and I roll my eyes.

"We have to get back home Jake, cut it out." I say, and he groans.

"We don't have to leave this early." He says, his eyes still closed.

"It's twelve in the afternoon Jake." I say, and he sits up.

"Whatever, let's go." He stands up. I shake my head at his sass he's giving me. He's always so crabby in the morning.

We get ready, and Jake wakes reggie and Jillian up so we could say our goodbyes, and head out.

"When we get back home I think we should get your stuff from your dads." Jake says, and gets into the car.

"Maybe. I don't know." I say, and buckle up.

"You need to stop avoiding your dad." He says, and backs out of the parking spot.

"I don't think that's you decision." I say, and look out the window.

"Whatever." He says, and we drive off.

I really don't want to see my dad but I guess I should. I need to bring all my stuff to Jakes so I could officially move in. I'm just not ready to see him as a yelling drunk again.

I turn the radio up, and lay my head on the window before slowly falling asleep.

——

Authors note: enjoy this short chapter. It was just a fill in thing

Some of y'all thought that this was the great thing I was talking about and no thas not coming for a few chapters maybe.

Maybe it's a good thing

Maybe it'll make you throw your phone

YOULL SEE  JDMNDKX