FOURTY

"Wha- what are you doing here?" I ask, walking up to her.

"I'm in town to see some family...I didn't expect to see you here."

"How did you not? This used to be our spot." I say, and we both laugh.

"I didn't expect you to stay in this shitty town." She corrects herself.

"Well, my parents don't think it's shitty." I say, and she shrugs.

"Ugh parents." She rolls her eyes, and I chuckle.

"So, anything new?" I ask.

"Not reallyy." She holds the Y.

"How about you? Has your life gotten interesting yet." She jokes, and I give her a playful glare.

"I'm kidding. You have way more of a interesting life than me." She says.

"Ha, my life's not that interesting." I say.

"We have equally boring lives." She says, and I chuckle, and nod in agreement.

"It was nice seeing you. I've got a family reunion to get to, but we should for sure meet up before I'm out of town again. What's your number actually?" She says. I hold my hand out for her phone, and I type my number in.

"Yeah for sure. It was nice seeing you too." I say, and give her her phone back.

"Well, Bye Colby." She simply waves, and walks off.

"Bye Andrea." I say softly, as I watch her walk off.

That was weird...

Me and her used to be best friends when we were kids. She was part of the group actually.

I tip the waiter, and walk out of the diner. I get in my car, and make my way home.

I try to think of ways to get Kaylee off my mind.

I'm so fucking pathetic...

I get home, and go straight to my room. I lay on my bed, and pull my phone out of my hoodies pocket. I look through people's stories on Snapchat, and see that there's a party everyone's posting about. The address is everywhere.

I get ready, jump in my car, and make my way to the address I saw.

I pull in, and the place is filled. I could hear the music blasting from inside, and lights flashing.
I get out of my car, and walk to the house, hoping someone I know will be there.

I walk in, and I could already tell everyone was fucked up. People were already passed out on the couches, and there was a whole ass bar in the kitchen/dining room area. I walk straight towards it, and get myself a drink. I'm about to pour myself some whiskey, and I stop myself.

"Fuck it." I say to myself, and just take the whole bottle. I drink out of it, and turn around. I'm faced with a tall, muscular guy. He looked like he was a college kid, and when I think about it, everyone here does. I look him in the face, and realize who it is.

"Your really gunna just take the whole bottle?" He laughs, and takes it out of my hands.

"Uhh, Sorry-"

"It's all good, just chill out." He says, and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Should've said that to everyone here." I say, and he looks around.

"Your right. Go all out." He gives me the bottle, and I chuckle.

"I'm Colby by the way." I say, and drink out of the bottle.

"I know. I'm Grayson." He says.

"I know." I say and we both laugh.

"It's been forever." He says, and I nod.