SIXTY-FOUR

"Make sure your ready to leave tomorrow." My dad says, and I head out the door.

Change of plans...we're leaving after the last day of school.

Today's the last day of school...meaning the day I leave for New York is just around the corner.

I have everything packed and ready to bring with us. Everyone at school now knows about tomorrow. I'm not planning on throwing any going away parties...surprisingly. I know that it'd just make the situation worse for me.

I walk into school and feel everyone's eyes on me. I hear people talking about me leaving every once in awhile, which annoyed me. The boys would take care of it.

"You should come to my place tonight." Corey says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Just be there." He says and walks off.

"Ok.." I say, and continue to walk off to class.

I set my bag next to my desk, and sit down.

"So, did Corey tell you to come to his house tonight?" Sam asks.

"Yeah...what's that about?" I ask.

"It's so we all can hangout together as a group. For the last time."

"That makes sense." I say, and don't make eye contact.

I'm not trying to cry about moving in class.

——

I walk to my car, and instead of driving home, I drive to Coreys.

I knock on the door, and Jake answers. I walk in, and see that it's just Corey and Jake.

"The rest of the guys are on their way." Corey says, putting his phone down.

"It feels like you haven't been here I forever." Corey says.

"That's cause you didn't talk to me for a while." I look up at him, and he shakes his head.

"I'm sorry Kaylee, it's just-"

"Stop. It's fine." I laugh. Then I hear the door open. I see Sam walk in, then Brennen, then Ethan.

Then I see Colby...

"Hey." I say awkwardly.

"You uh didn't tell me about this." I look at Corey, and point at Colby.

"It's the last time we'll be together after tomorrow...at least be in the same room as eachother?" Jake says. I sigh.

"Jake, you know that I don-" Someone knocks on my the door, and I look over. Corey opens it and people I hardly even know walk in.

"Surprise." Corey says, and I glare at him.

"I said I didn't want a party Corey." I say, and the music suddenly starts blasting. I look over, and see that it's Colby playing the music. I roll my eyes, and look back only to see Coreys talking to some chick.

More people are coming, and the place is filling up. I don't even know half of the people here.

"I know you said you didn't want a party, but we wanted to throw a party you wouldnt forget." Ethan says.

"I have enough of those." I say, and look around at all the people that have already shown up.

"Oh my god Kaylee I can't believe your leaving!" Some girl I don't even know walks up to me.

"Good luck." Ethan pats me on the shoulder and walks off.

"Wha-"

"When are leaving?" She says, clearly drunk.