SIXTY-SEVEN

I wake up to a FaceTime call from Corey. I groan and pick up they phone.

"Heyyy." I say and sit up.

"Hey, did you hear about Colby yet?" He asks.

"No...what about him?"

"I guess when him and Ethan were on their way to say goodbye to you, they got in a car accident. I heard you got to see Ethan...I'm surprised he didn't tell you." He says. I realize that that must be why he was bleeding.

"Are you with Colby? Or Ethan?" I ask.

"I'm with eth-"

"Put him on the phone." I cut him off, and he hands him the phone.

"Hey Kaylee."

"Ethan! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to worry, cause knowing you, you'd miss your flight to see Colby in the hospital."

"So what if I did? Is he okay?"

"Yes he's perfectly fine, that's why I didn't tell you. There was nothing to worry about."

"Where are you guys?" I ask.

"At the hospital waiting for visitor hours...which should be in a few minutes-" He gets cut off my a nurse saying visitor hours has started and I laugh.

"Give Colby the phone." I say and they give him the phone.

"Kaylee?" He says surprised.

"I missed your goodbye." I say with a smile.

"W-why are you talking to be." He sounds confused.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"I thought you hated me." He says, and it kinda made my heart hurt, even if it was true.

"I do...but not that much." I say in a teasing way.

"Well, I hope you get better." I add. His face was really scratched up and bruised. I can only imagine what his body looks like. I wonder why Ethan didn't get as hurt though.

"Thanks Kaylee." He gives me a weak smile, and gives the phone back to Ethan.

COLBYS POV-

"Alright I think I'll let you guys go." I hear Kaylee say.

"Ok, talk to you later." Ethan responds.

"Alright, love you. Talk to you guys later!" She yells and they all say bye.

"Call me later tonight Ethan." She says before hanging up.

It kinda hurt hearing her say I love you to Ethan, even though there's absolutely no chance I'll be with her again.

"So, you guys got close I see." I say to E.

"Yeah, I guess so." He says and gives Corey his phone.

——
KAYLEES POV-

It was kinda hard talking to Colby. It hurt. I don't have feelings for him anymore but we've had so much history...at least not as much feelings as before.

Later that night I get a FaceTime call from Ethan. I pick up my phone and answer the call.

"Hey." I say and set the phone up on the one desk I have in my room so far. I continue getting ready for the party i had to go to in about 20 minutes.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asks, looking at the dress I had on.

"A party. I met someone here and they invited me to a party." I say and he nods.