FOURTY-FIVE

I'm looking through the clothes I have at Jakes, and put on the best outfit I can find. I really need to get some more clothes here. I also put a little more makeup on than usual.

I walk into Jakes room, and he looks me up and down.

"You really need more clothes here." He laughs, and I give him the finger.

"I'm kidding. You look great." He says, and grabs his keys from his dresser.

"Let's get to this party." He rushes down the steps, and we get into his car. We purposely leave early so we can get there before it's completely filled, but there's already quite a few people when we pull up.

We walk up to the house, and let ourselves in. The music is blasting, and there's a bunch of people everywhere. Even the pool is packed. Corey walks up to us, and I smile.

"Hey!" He gives me a side hug.

"It's pretty packed." I say.

"Yeah. The party just started too." He rolls his eyes. "Thanks a fucking lot Sam!" He yells, and Sam looks over at us confused. I laugh.

"Don't drink too much." He says.

"I don't make promises." I say, and he chuckles.

"Drink what you want." He walks off to greet some more people, and I get some drinks, while Jake does his own thing.

I walk over to the drinks and Colbys already there.

"Hey." I say, and grab some tequila. I start drinking from the bottle, and he raises his eyebrows at me.

"Hey." He sets down his phone.

"What are you doing alone over here?" I ask, and drink from the bottle.

"Not really feeling the party right now. So hopefully this can help." He puts his red solo cup in the air, and I giggle.

"Come dance." I pull on his hand while drinking from the bottle.

"I don't know.."

"Come on Colby. Your always wanting to dance." I pout. He groans, and smiles.

"Fine." He follows me to a group of people dancing.

"Here." I take a sip of the bottle, and hand it to him. He drinks quite a bit of it, and gives it back to me.

We're dancing to the music, and I notice he's keeping his distance. I take his collar, and pull him towards me.

"Come on. Have fun!" I yell over the loud music. He smiles, and puts his hands on my waist.

"I already am!" He says. I smile back.

"Good."

COREYS POV-

I see Colby and Kaylee dancing, and I smile. Theyve grown pretty distant over the past few weeks, and I really wonder why.

"Yo, I have an idea." I turn to Sam, and Brennen. "Bring Jake over here." They go and get Jake, and come back.

"You see that?" I point to Colby, and Kaylee dancing. They nod.

"Jake. Go get your phone. It's connected to the speakers right?" I ask.

"Yeah why?" He asks.

"Just go get it." He furrows his eyebrows at me, and walks off to get it. He brings it back to me, and I play a song from one of Kaylees favorite shows. Well I hope. I made her watch it with me.

The night we met
By: Lord Huron

(I recommend listening to the song while reading the chapter cuz it'll make you extra soft)

——

COLBYS POV-

The song changes, and a song I recognize comes on. I look over at the guys, and their smiling wide at me. I give them a look, and look back at Kaylee.

"Oh my god." She looks around, with a smile on her face. I know she loves this song. She has a sad look on her face.

She puts her head on my chest, and wraps her arms around my neck. I put my arms around her waist tighter and we eventually start to sway back and forth.

I'm so fucking confused.

Who plays a song like this at a house party? I know what the guys are doing, and it's kinda getting on my nerves. But at the same time, I'm
glad I have Kaylee in my arms for the first time
in forever.

COREYS POV-

"I knew It'd work!" I say.

"You planned them to slow dance?" Brennen asks, and I nod.

"You know how distant they are lately. I had to bring them back together." I say.

"They have been pretty distant..." Sam says.

I look away from the guys, and back at Kaylee, and Colby. Everyone is standing in a circle around them while they all watch them dance. Some people look shocked, some look happy, some look confused, and some are too drunk to give a fuck.

——

KAYLEES POV-

We sway to the music, while I keep my face buried in his chest. We've been dancing for over five minutes now, and I've never felt so safe and comfortable in someone's arms. I don't know why.

I look up at him, and he's already looking down at me. I smile, and burry my face back into his chest. I hear him clear his throat, and quietly say "Kaylee?"

"Yeah?"

"Uh, look around." He slightly chuckles. I look around to see that everyone is watching us. I laugh to hide the embarrassment, and Colby backs up slightly. I grab his hands, and pull him to the porch away from everyone. People begin to do their own thing again, why the guys watch us walk off.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"What's going on?"

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Colby you know what I'm talking about. Your never around anymore. You even skipped nights with me at the hospital. Are you mad at me?"

"Of course I'm not mad at you Kaylee-"

"Then what's going on? You know you can tell me anything."

"Last time I did that I got rejected." He says, and I sigh.

"Is this what this is about? Is that why your not talking to me anymore?"

"I'm not talking to you much because I need to lose my feelings for you. But at this point, it just seems impossible." He looks down. I put my hand on his cheek, and he looks up at me again.

I hug him. Tightly. He hesitates to hugs me back, but he does, and hugs me tightly.

I kiss his neck, and then his lips. I pull away, and look into his eyes.

"I love you too Colby Brock."

——

Authors note: GO CRAZY AH

Hey I'm soft rn. Not only cuz of what I just wrote, but because of all of your guys support. It means the fuckin world to me that people actually like what i write. I mean, it's mind blowing, because people say their obsessed with the way I write, when I literally hate my writing💀 anyway, ilygsfm.

I never thought I'd get 1000 reads, and I'm at fuckin 122k
WHAT!?

Anyway. Ily guys. Period.