TWENTY-FOUR

The rest of the night was everyone together watching a movie in the living room, and eating snacks.

I wake in the morning with a big head ache.

I really need to stop drinking so much.

I sit up, and I don't see anyone around. I stand up, and look in the backyard. No one.

I hear music playing in the garage, and I walk towards the garage door. I open it, and the boys are playing beer pong.

"Seriously guys? This early in the morning?" I say, walking in.

"It's 2 pm, and it's water in the cups anyway. We're too hungover for that shit." Jake says, and throws the ball.

I sit on a chair next to Brennen, who was the only one not playing.

"Why aren't you playing?" I ask Brennen.

The first time we actually started talking was at his party, when we played beer pong together.

"The teams wouldn't be even. Mike left, and Jake wouldn't let me wake you up." I laugh, when I hear him say Jake wouldn't let him wake me up. It sounds like something Jake would do.

"Wanna get in the pool? I'm bored just watching them play." He says, and I smile.

"I don't have anything to swim in."

"You didn't last night, and that didn't stop you."

"That's because I was drunk, and careless."

"Well, I'm going for a swim." He says,
and walks away.

I sigh, and follow him out.

"I guess I'll get in." I take off my shirt, and shorts, and jump in.

"Thats more like it." He laugh, and I splash water at him.

"Oh you wanna play that game? Cuz I can play." He says, and splashes water back at me.

"Stop! I'm too tired for this shit!" I yell. "You should be glad I'm even in here right now!" I yell, and he laughs.

I look over, and see Colby looking over at us, from the back garage door.

"Are you gunna jump in, or just sit there staring at us?" I ask.

"Nah, I'm in the middle of a game."

"Your missing out!" I say, and he shrugs.

You ended up swimming in the pool, and just talking to Brennen for 10 minutes. You kinda got to know him more.

"Ya know, I'm glad you and Colby started that little deal." You give him a weird look.

"What?"

"I mean, I wouldn't be talking to you right now if it wasn't for you two fucking at Corey's party." He says, and I giggle.

"Well..I love being a 'part of this group'" I put quotation marks up with my fingers.

"What's with the quotation marks?"

"Well, I wouldnt say I'm really a part of this group, I just randomly came in."

"Of course you're a part of this group. Literally every time we hangout, someone is deciding who's going to ask you to come. Hanging out without you just doesn't feel right. Ya know?" He says, making a huge smile come across my face. I didn't know that anyone in this group thought anything like that about me, and it felt good to know they did.

"Really?" I say. For some reason I feel the want to cry. I've never had THAT good of friends.

"Yeah. You could ask anyone in the group."