FOURTY-THREE

"Wait, What the fuck why?" I ask, standing up.

"We think she's internally bleedi-"

"You think?" Colby cuts her off.

"Yes...We think she may need surgery because the knife used on her must've hit something important and we didn't realize. She's been okay for the past few days, so it shouldn't be too serious." She says, clearly trying to use words we'd understand. It was kinda annoying.

"How did you not know yet?" Ethan asks. I don't know why he cares so much. He's drunk, and doesn't know a single thing about Kaylee.

"Well, its not that easy." She says, and I roll my eyes.

"Please just tell me shes going to be okay.." I say.

"We think she'll be alright." She says with a smile.

"You guys can stay in this room tonight if you need." She walks out, and i turn around see Colby angrily paces back n forth.

"They said she's going to be okay-"

"They think she will." Colby cuts me off, and I sigh.

"Bro, just chill out. Being nervous like this isn't helping." I try to calm him down, but it doesn't work.

"I don't see how it's making anything worse!" He yells, and I stop talking.

"Damn." Ethan says under his breath.

"Let's just go to sleep, and she'll be here, perfectly fine in the morning." I say, and lay on the bed.

"Fine." Colby lays on the couch, and Ethan stays on the floor.

"Night." Ethan says, and we all fall asleep.

——

I wake up, and check my phone.

5:32 am

I look over and see Colby on his phone, wide awake.

"Bro." I break the silence, and he looks at me.

"What are you doing awake?" I ask.

"I can't sleep. Not knowing that somethings wrong with Kaylee." He says, and I sigh.

"Are you still drunk?" I ask, and he gives a look.

"No...a little bit." He says, and I chuckle.

"She's going to be okay man. Got something to tell me?" I ask, and he looks at me confused.

"About what?"

"You've been different lately. I mean, with Kaylee. She's changed you."

"No she hasn't." He protests.

"Yes she has. Your in love with her arent you?" I say, and he groans.

"What do I do Jake?"

"Tell her how you feel."

"I have. She doesn't feel the same." He says, not making eye contact with me. I've never seen him like this with a girl, and it's kinda concerning.

"How do I lose feelings for her?" He asks.

"Why would you wanna do that?" I ask.

"What are you talking about? She doesn't feel the same way, and she never will. We agreed that there would be no feelings between us if we did this stupid fucking deal." He says angrily.

"The feelings will go away. They always do." I try and make him feel better about the situation but it doesn't work.

"I wish I never asked her to do that stupid deal. What the hell was wrong with me back then?" He asks, and I don't say anything.

"What do you think would help? What if I just completely cut her out of my life?" He asks, and my eyes widen.

"No! That's the worst you could do." He shakes his head.

"What do I do?" He asks.

"Nothing. It'll all go away, and you never know...what if she catches feelings?" I ask.

"That's not gunna happen." He lays back on the couch.

"Well, I dont know what to tell you." I give up. He doesn't take anyone's advice.

"Seriously, What should I do?"

"Quit stressing and go to fuckin sleep." I say, and he groans.

——

ETHANS POV-

I wake up on the floor in a hospital room, and I've never been so confused.

"How the fuck..." I whisper, and look around. Jake is giving me a weird look, and I give him the same look.

Memories start coming back from last night, and I roll my eyes. I put my face in my hands, and groan.

"Fuck hangovers bro." I say.

"Honestly." Colby agrees.

"Why is Kaylee taking forever to get back?" Colby asks worriedly. I don't know what he's talking about at first but I remember.

"Oh shit, she's not back?" I ask, and they shake their heads.

"I'm sure she's okay. If something went wrong they would have told us by now." Jake says.

"She probably moved to a different room or something." Colby says.

I hear the door open, and I look over to see a nurse.

"Perfect timing." I chuckle.

I see Kaylee behind the nurse in a wheel chair. Colby sighs with relief, and Kaylee gives us a weak smile. I smile back, and the nurse closes the door behind her.

"You are a very lucky girl. Even if it might feel like your not." The nurse says with a smile.

The nurse helps Kaylee to stand up, and Colby rushes over to help her stand up. Colby helps her lay on the the bed, and covers her with a blanket. I can already tell he has feelings for her. It's pretty obvious.

"We'll check on you tonight. Make sure to get some rest." The nurse says before walking out.

"Your still here?" Kaylee asks me with a chuckle.

"Damn nice to see you too."

"Not that I don't want you here, I just thought that now that your sober, you'd leave."

Colby sits at the foot of the bed, and connects his phone to the tv. He puts friends on, and Kaylee giggles.

"Your the best." She gives him a weak smile, and sits up to look at the tv.

"So, your going to be here longer arent you?" Jake asks, and she nods.

"Yeah.. I'm not looking forward to going back to school anyway."

——

Authors note: THIS IS SO SHORT AND BORING BUT I PROMISE THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER.