THIRTY-ONE

Last night was the worst sleep I've ever gotten. Noises were everywhere.

I sit up, and Colby is still sound asleep, his arm, and leg hanging off the side because of the small bed. I slowly get up, trying not to wake him. I quickly get ready for the day, and walk out of the room to see that the boys are gone.

"What the hell?" I whisper to myself. I walk back into the room, and wake Colby up to tell him that no one was here.

"Where are the rest of the guys?" I ask, and he turns to me tiredly. His messy hair suits him perfectly.

"There not here?" He says, I'm a low, sleeping voice. His eyes are still squinting from the light.

"No." I say, and take out my phone. I text the group chat, and say:

KAYLEE: where tf are you guys?

COREY: we went to get breakfast, and we didn't want to wake you up

KAYLEE: well you should have

COREY: Sorry, but I wanted to get out of that ship.

BRENNEN: No. Corey was too pussy to wait. We wanted to wake you up

COREY: I didn't ask for you to expose me like that

KAYLEE: bring us food

SAM: will do

I put my phone back in my pocket, and turn around to see Colby asleep again.

"Colby, I'm not going to be the only one awake
right now." I shake him, and he swats my arm away.

You wanna play that game?

"Colby, I recommend you wake up or-"

"Or what?"

"This." I slap his ass as hard as I could, and he quickly gets up from the bed. He stands there glaring at me, and I smirk.

"I warned you."

"Fuck you Kaylee."

"I already told you no." I say, and he says some gibberish in a mimicking tone.

"Now get up."

"What do you call this?!" He says pointing at himself. I giggle, and walk out of the room.

"Kaylee. How'd they leave without you knowing anyway?" He says from the other room.

"What do you mean?"

"We came in your car. How'd they get your keys?" When he says this, I feel anger wash over me.

I take my phone out, and text the group chat again.

——

KAYLEE: You took my fuckin car!?

——

No answer.

I FaceTime Jake, and he answers.

"Sorry..." He says, and I roll my eyes.

"If anything happens to my car guys I swear to god."

"We've been driving it this whole trip though." Sam says.

"While I was with!"

"Well, were on our way back." Brennen yells from the back of the car.

"Who's driving?" I ask, and he takes a moment to answer.

"Sam."

"Nope. Tell Elton to take the wheel. He's the only one who actually acts like an adult." I say, and he shakes his head.

"Kaylee, it's fine. We'll be there in like five minutes."

"We're leaving when you get back." I say, and hang up.

——

"Chill out." Colby says smiling.

"What would you do if they took your Corolla?" I ask, and he goes silent.

(Authors note: just pretend he still has it- rip.)
(Update: He kinda does have it it's just a different one- Elton might give him another car soon tho- use ur imagine OK.)

"Exactly."

I hear the door open, and I get up from the couch. Jake walks in with my keys in his hand, and I take it.

"Why are you so mad?" He chuckles.

"Because." I look at Elton who was filming me.

"Did you do your little explore thing this morning?" I ask, and he nods.

"Last night was the worst sleep I've ever gotten." Corey groans, and I nod in agreement.

"Can we get outta here?" Brennen asks, and I answer him by walking or the door. They all follow behind me, and we give the front desk our key, and leave.

"Anyone else wanna go back to Kansas?" I ask, and everyone is quick to say no.

"Y'all need to have some real fun here first." Elton says, and Sam furrows his eyebrows.

"Like what?"

"Partying."

"When?" Colby asks.

"There's a big one tomorrow that I'm invited to. You guys can be my 'guests'." Elton explains.

"I didn't exactly bring any clothes to party in."

"You don't have to try so hard all the time. Just wear some clothes that you brought." Colby says, smiling at me.

"It's times like this I wish I wasn't the only girl in this group." I complain, and they all give me a worrisome look.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm sorry, but why did you leave your friends for us anyway?" Brennen asks, and I tilt my head, and give them a sad, yet reassuring look.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Your life was great before us." Corey says, and I'm starting to get really confused.

"Guys stop. It's only gotten better...kinda."

"We're the reason you've been acting up." Sam says.

"Are you guys the reason my mom died? No. Are you guys the reason I'm not with Kian. No."

"But-" Colby starts but I cut him off.

"No buts. I'm almost convinced that you guys are the reason I'm still here today. You guys are there for me through everything. My old friends were never like that."

"Y'all better not get all emotional on me now." Elton says, and I giggle.

"Don't you guys ever think that my life is bad because of you. Got it?" I say, and they nod.

I still don't understand how they could ever think that. There probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. That might even be an understatement. Maybe we got close too fast?

"If you wanna go shopping we'll go with you. Right guys?" Jake says, and the other guys nod.

"Alright. Let's go."

"Right now?" Colby asks, and I nod.

"Well yeah!"

——

Authors note: I hate this chapter- and I oop-