FOURTY-TWO

Me and Jake walk Colby out, with him around our arms.

"Get your bloody mouth off of my shirt." I say, and push his face away with my shoulder.

"I don't wanna leave yet." He says, drunkily.

"It was nice seeing you guys." Grayson calls.

"You too." I say, with no enthusiasm at all.

Ethan follows us out, and I can tell he can hardly keep his balance.

I push Colby so he sits in the back.

"Your coming to my next party." Ethan says, pointing at Colby.

Jake gets in the drivers seat, and I close Colbys door. I look at Ethan, and I can't help but notice his black eye already forming.

"Can I come with?" He asks, and I look at him confused.

"Umm no."

"Why not?" He asks.

"I don't think you want to-"

"Yeah I do. Colby was going to stay over but now that he isn't, I'm going with him."

"You want to stay overnight at a hospital?" I ask, and now he's the one looking at me confused.

"Why would I?" He asks, and I lift up my shirt a little to reveal my stab wound.

"Oh shit."

"Yeah. So you still wanna come?" I ask, expecting him to say no.

He doesn't say anything. He just quickly opens up the back door, and crawls in. I can hear him and Colby laughing, and I roll my eyes, and get in the passengers seat.

"Buckle up kids." I say to Ethan, and Colby.

"Pfft. Yolo." Ethan says, and I roll my eyes.
(Authors note: Sorry I had to- if you know what I'm talking about your a real one.)

I hardly know him, but I do know that he and Colby act like children when their drunk.

I hear them whispering from the back. I try to listen but I can't hear a thing.

"Shhhh. Kaylees not supposed to know what I did. What if I go to jail?" Colby whispers pretty loudly. I'm confused but then I remember.

Him and Kacey did something they could go to jail for. I turn to face him, and he shuts up.

"What? Ethan knows?" I ask Colby, and Ethan laughs.

"Your busted." Ethan says.

"Tell me." I say, hoping that he's drunk enough to do so.

"I can't tell you. I only trust the people that love me." He slurs.

"Wha- I love you, just not the way you want me to." I say, and he doesn't say anything.

"Come on Colby. You act like imma snitch on you. How bad could it be?" I ask, completely forgetting that Jakes in the car.

"What?" Jake asks confused.

"Shouldn't I be driving? You had a few drinks." I change the subject.

"Colby. You have some explaining to do."

"I'm not even supposed to be with you right now Kaylee. I left to get away from you. Not so you can stalk me around." He says.

"I didn't even want to see you. Jake made me find you." I say.

Ethan whispers something in Colbys ear, and they start laughing hysterically.

What the fuck was in those drinks?