Chapter 1: Right Decisions

Kim is a single mother with two beautiful daughters. Her first born daughter name is aaliyah and she is 6 years old. Her second daughter name is mia and she is 5 years old. With both daughters only being one year apart she is always active and busy. Kim loved her daughters every much and was determined to do whatever she could to care for them.

With Kim becoming a mother so young didnt have enough time to go to college to get a degree so she took up a trade. She went to school to become a dental hygienist. She knew she needed to have a good job in order to take care of them financially so she went for that. She quickly landed a high paying full time job.

Kim was a single mother because her ex boyfriend suddenly broke up with her after graduating high school. They seemed madly in love but i guess that wasn't the case. It was strange how he just left her out of nowhere. I believe he couldn't handle becoming a father at such a young age but its still not right to walk out on your kids. There were consequences for his actions.

Kim wasn't the same after the break up. She felt humiliated and unwanted. She still had to grow up and take care of her child. She had friends who loved her and supported her with all her decisions. She became a mature woman with her head held high.

[Kim]

"Sweetie its time to wake up" Rebecca said to her oldest daughter Aaliyah.

Aaliyah quickly rose out of bed, took a shower and got dressed. Aaliyah knew that her mother had alot to do so she always followed directions. Kim did Aaliyah hair into a cute bun style and made her breakfast. While Aaliyah was eating Kim woke mia up to get her ready for the day.

Once both kids were dressed and ready they headed out to Kim best friend house for the day. Kim and tasha were very close and always supported each other no matter what. Tasha was someone who was truthful and honest. Tasha had invited them over for the day to spend time together and relax.

Once they arrived they kids ran off to play outside in the backyard. The girls sat down in the living room to catch up on things.

"I haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?" Tasha asked Kim.

"Im doing okay, just working hard and taking care of my girls." Kim replied back.

"That's good to hear, i dont like when we go months not seeing each other Kim. You are my best friend and i miss you. " tasha said concerned.

"I know that why im here today to see you, besides you are married now." Kim said.

"Kim i just don't want to lose the close bond that we have. Im happy that you came over because i have alot to tell you." tasha said.

"Im happy to be here too, so tell me whats new?" Kim asked taking a sip of water.

"Well i heard derek is back in town. He started his own business. I know its not exciting because of what happened in the past but i had to let you know." tasha told Kim.

Kim just sat there quiet with her arms crossed staring at tasha.

"Kim i also heard that tommy and selena are getting married this year. Im so happy for them!" tasha said

"Thats good to hear, im happy for them too. Im just not fond of hearing about the other news. I just want to continue to focus on myself and my kids" Kim said in a serious tone.

"Of course but are you concerned about seeing him around?" tasha asked.

"No, not at all because I've moved on from the past and plus im a mature woman now." Kim responded back getting up to check on her daughters. They were outside playing with the tasha kids. She just stood in the backyard watching them have fun.