Chapter 8

5 months Later

Kim pov

Tray and i have been dating and everything is going very well. We have date night every other Friday and we choose different places to go. We always spend time together and my daughter's love him. He treats them like their his kids. He offer to pick them up from school and he rewards them for having good grades.

He's like a father figure for them. He sets a good example for them and im very happy about that. He even wakes up early to help get them ready. Sometimes i wish that he was their father even though it sounds bad. He just so great with them.

Today is sunday and i will be cooking a big dinner for everyone. Tray invited a couple of his friends over as well. I cleaned mostly ever room in the house and listened to some music. I made macaroni and cheese, collard greens, stuffing, cornbread and baked chicken. For dessert i made coconut cake, banana bread, and brownies. I always went above and beyond when cooking for other people. I always tried my best to impress someone.

It was 6pm and everyone had just arrived for dinner. I greeted everyone and introduced myself. Everyone sat down and i began to make everyone's plate. That was apart of being hospitable. I gave everyone their meals and we prayed.

"You made my plate just right" tray said.

"I know how you like it." i said eyeing him.

"So what do you do Rebecca?" jay asked. That was one of trays friend.

"Im a dental hygienist." i said whiling eating my food.

"Thats nice, how many kids do you have?" jay asked getting personal.

"I have two girls." i said. I didnt feel uncomfortable when it came to my daughter's because they were apart of me. Everyone started to have little conversations until i decided to listen to one more closely.

"Have you talked to jasmine?" Chris asked.

"No and i dont want to talk about that right now." tray said trying to avoid the conversation.

"Both of yall are just stubborn. They need to work it out. Besides she's was down for you when no one else was." jay said.

"Who's jasmine?" i asked.

"His girlfriend." chris said.

"No she's not. Can we just stop talking about this." tray yelled.

"Whether she is or not your girlfriend you should have told me. I thought we were supposed to be dating?" i said getting upset. I got up and went to the kitchen. I dont understand how he could do this. We talked about being official and paying the mortgage on the house. We were getting so close.... I was a good woman and i deserved a ring. I brought out dessert and cut everyone a slice. I let everyone get a slice of each dessert and i began to clean up. I washed all the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. I gave all his friends a plate of dinner and dessert to go. I was such a nice person why do i always have to suffer?