Chapter 2: New Start

Derek was coming to visit the girls for the first time today. I wasn't nervous because they were under my care. The girls were sitting down at the table doing there homework. I trained them to be well behaved and respectful. Someone knocked on the door so i went to answer.

I opened the door and it was derek.

"Hello come on in." i said allowing him to come into my small one bedroom apartment. We walked over to the table where the kids were sitting. I introduced them to him.

"Hey girls i wanted you to meet someone." i said trying to get their attention.

" This is derek your real father" i said to the girls directly.

The oldest said "yeah i remember his face".

After that they both gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I loved the fact that they didn't mistreat him after all the years he was gone. I taught them how to appreciate every second of there lives because anything can happen. They all sat down in the living room to get to know each other. They told him everything that they liked to do for fun and how they got good grades in school.

While they all talked in the living room i went to the kitchen to cook something for the girls. I actually liked how everything had turned out right today. He was very mature more and attentive. I just hope that everything can stay running soothe because they really need a father. Im glad that i chose to let me in because it seems like there enjoying him.

It was 7pm now and the girls need to bathe so i started to get them ready. While the girls take a bath and got dress derek and i had a conversation.

"I would to pick them up from school tomorrow afternoon if thats okay?" derek asked.

I said "of course you can, that would actually be great because they really like you. I hope you can stay in contact with them weekly at least." i said being honest.

"Well since im the boss of my own company now i can definitely see them weekly and provide for there needs. With me having a wife and a 3 year old son and 2 girls, im going to make a schedule on how to balance everything out. Its very important that i be there for them." derek said.

"So your wife wouldn't have any problems with that?" i said curious.

"Of course not, you was here first and plus i don't want to miss out on anything else. Everyone is being supportive and i want everyone to get along." derek said raising his eyebrows.

"Okay well that's good" i said.

"I have to get going now because its getting late" derek said checking his phone.

"Okay see you tomorrow afternoon when you pick up the girls." i said smiling walking towards the door.

"Oh, i want to give you something for the girls" derek said reaching into his pocket pulling out a black card.

"This is for the girls clothing, food, and emergencies." he handled it to me and walked out.

I closed the door and walked to the getting the girls ready for bed. Once they ate and prayed they fell right to sleep.

I went into the living room and sat down to check the black card balance because they needed under clothes and more school uniforms. I called the number to activate the card and it was unbelievable.

Derek put $20,000 on the card! Maybe it was to make up all the time he wasnt there. Maybe its because he thought i was going to put him on child support. All i can say he must be wealthy because he was never like this before! I was shocked but happy for my daughter's too because it was all for them.