Chapter6: Tragic Trails

My friend velvet just arrived at my place and she'll be staying with me for a while. Im honestly happy that she's here because she always help me with the girls and clean our apartment. I consider her as my sister and i trust with all my heart. Im just doing my neat to support her with what she's going through. I just got off of work and velvet was in the kitchen cooking dinner.

Hey velvet, wow it smells so good in here! What are you cooking?" i asked getting settled in.

Im making asian chicken with broccoli and rice." she said cooking.

Thats great, im so grateful for all that your doing. I really do appreciate you." i said hugging her.

"Your welcome, i try my best." she said smiling.

"You know i was thinking about the talents that you have. Your really good at doing hair. Have you ever thought about becoming a hairstylist?" i asked curious.

Yes but it cost alot and you know im poor." she said.

Nothing is impossible, i will help you." i said. I knew that she loved doing hair so i wanted to help her to go to school to do something she is passionate about. We grew up together and i want her to be happy.

"I insist on giving you some money to go to school for anything. You have been through so much and i want the best for you. I want to stay here as long as you want and be comfortable because you are my best friend." i said.i gave her enough to get transportation and get on her feet.

"Thank you i love you so much! " she said hugging me tightly.

"I will call tonight and see when you will start. I said going into the room to take a shower. I just wanted everyone to know me as a good person so i did this to make things better. I know that once she go to school she will focus better and move on to start a new beginning.

We were all sitting at the table eating dinner and honesty this way the best meal ever. I have been so much happier sense velvet has been around. Once dinner was done i washed the dishes and put the girls to bed. Right before i was about to go to sleep i heard someone knocking on the door. I didnt know who that could be since tony and i haven't been talking because he found someone else. The father of my children was married and the only friend i had was velvet. I decided to ignore and turn the lights off but the knocking kept getting louder and i knew something wasn't right. It was like someone was trying to open the door. I never gave anyone a key so who could it be? I checked my alarm and i peek whole but i seen nothing. I was very nervous and i felt like something in my gut wasnt right. I ran to velvet and told her to go in the room with the girls and hide. I heard again loud banging but this time someone was trying to kick the door down. I called 911 and told them what was happening and give the address. I was scared because i didnt know who would do this and why? I just wanted everyone to be safe and we lived in a building so we couldn't escape besides the window. The loud banging continued all i could do was think if my neighbors could hear this. I didnt have anyone number so i couldn't call. A few minutes went by and suddenly the noise stopped and the police showed up. At first i was scared to open but i had to.

When i opened the door i was crying historically because in was in danger and i didnt want my kids to get hurt. They made a report and i asked to see if they could check the camera to find out how could have done this. Who ever did this is going to jail because they tried to break in my place. At this point i did not feel safe and i wanted to leave. Im glad that everyone is safe but i still feel scared about living here. I hugged my kids and velvet and told them that we were staying in the same room. I didn't want to let my eyes off of them because they were in my care. The police told me they would let me know if they find information on who this person could be. Right about now i wanted to keep my distance and be more aware... After all that has been going on i felt like someone could be after me...

A couple days after the incident i was very paranoid. I didn't want to stay their anymore but i had to. On my way out of work i was walking to my car and seen a note. It said "Im watching you." i literally called the police to come ASAP! Someone is probably stalking me and watching me. I honestly don't know who this could be. What do this person want from me? The police felt that it would be best if i stayed with someone but i don't know who. I was a single mom with little girls to raise alone. It was hard and now i have a stalker that probably wants to hurt me. I told the police i would have to move somewhere else. I quickly went home to start packing and velvet helped me alot. I told her we was going to move but she insisted to stay with her oldest cousin. So now im left alone with the girls... I just left to stay in a hotel. By the time the girls were sleep derek was blowing my phone up. I didn't know if i should answer because i was still confused. I just ignored him and searched for another place to stay. The next morning the girls didn't go to school and derek kept calling me so i answered.

"Why do you keep calling?" i said.

"To check on you guys, im so worried." he said.

"We're okay." i said.

"Where are you?" he asked concerned.

"Staying in a hotel because someone tried to break in." i said upset about to cry.

"Come stay at my house." he said.

"No you have a family already and nobody gets along." i said sad.

"That doesn't matter, come stay with me please. Im scared and i want you guys to be safe." he said over and over again.

"I dont think that going to work." i said hanging up. At this point i didnt know which way to turn. So i just stayed in the hotel and layed low. While at the hotel a friend called me to check on me and told me that an old high school friend had a house and would love for me to come stay. He was an businessman and had plenty of space. She asked me because she knew we all got along together in the past. He was a really nice guy and for some reason i felt like i would be safe there. So i agreed to go and stay. I left the hotel and when i arrived it was an mansion. I just felt happy to be around people who cared about me. The girls and i walked in and he showed us our rooms. I was happy and relieved because he had security and cameras everywhere. It was guarded and protected. I got the girls settled in and went to see where Tray was at. I found him in the kitchen drinking a glass of water. I immediately gave him an envelope with money in it to cover out expenses and help out with the bills. "Thanks for letting us stay here, your so nice." i said. "No problem, when friends are in need im here." he said. "This is a nice house." i said looking around. "Thanks." he said .

"I heard your a dental hygienist." he said. "Yes i am, i make a good salary to take care of the girls and i." i said.

"That's good to hear. So how are you feeling about staying here." he asked.

"I feel good, thanks alot " i said.

"I know your probably tired so I'll walk you to the room." he said. I got in the bed and went to sleep.