Parent Teacher Meeting

Today I have to go to my daughters school to talk with the teacher. I will be updated on there grades, behaviors and participation. It's important that I go so I know what's going on in school. I told there father about it so he's coming too. We both have to be involved so we can be on the same page. We need to work together as a team in raising them.

I was at home getting ready to leave when I received a phone call.

"Hey sweetie this is aunt Pam." She said.

"Hi auntie how's everything going?" I said

"No good honey, your cousin Tommy passed away this morning." She said

"What? How what happened?" I said my eyes began to water.

"He had a heart attack." She said

"I'm so sorry to hear about this. I can't believe this." I said

"Don't get yourself upset to the point of making yourself sick. It was unexpected and we are all grieving. Just take it easy." She said

"I'm coming down there in a couple of days. I'm going to be there to support." I said.

He was my close cousin. We were very close when we were little. We texted each other from time to time. I was so sad now that I heard this. He was never married but he has a son that 13 years old. I know it's tough for him right now. He looked up to me as being his aunt. I just want to run and hug him. This was the worse thing that could happen.

I got in my car and went to the school. I told him what happened and he hugged me and told me he'll keep the girls while I leave. We sat down and had water and talked. The teacher told us very good news. They both had A's and B's and got honor roll. There test grade were very good and behavioral matters were great. I was so proud and happy to hear this.

I just hope the bullying in school would stop. Overall we took the girls out to eat at a nice restaurant and had ice cream for dessert. We gave them advice and tips about being in school. We talked to them for a while about our situation as a family. They understood what is going on with us. We just have to work together and be a team. I was glad to know that they were doing good in school.

I went home alone and packed my bags to leave. This was so heartbreaking to know that he's gone. I never thought this would happen. I'm so hurt inside but I have to stay strong. I told tray and he was there to comfort me. Sadly he couldn't go because he still had to heal. I went to sleep with a lot on my mind.