Funeral

I'm at my aunt Pam house and the funeral is tomorrow. I just feel so drained and tired. I was up all morning because I cooked breakfast and I prepared to make dinner. Everyone was so sad but we had to remember to stay strong and nor give up. I cleaned the house up and I was just around to comfort everyone.

"Do you know where Tommy son wants to live?" I said concerned.

"Well I guess his mother, he can come stay with me on the weekend. I know it's really hard for him to deal with this." She said.

"Yes but he has us to help him. We can help raise him." I said.

"Yes we have plenty of uncles and cousins to step up and be a father figure." She said.

"Of course." I said.

"How's your husband doing?" She asked

"He's okay, just still home healing." I said.

"Well that's good." She said.

I cooked dinner and everyone sat down and ate. It was quiet most of the time and I washed the dishes. I went to sleep and woke up at 5 AM. I took a shower and got dressed. I wore a simple black dress with heels. I put my necklace and earrings on and went downstairs. I felt a little numb but I still managed to get things done. We all headed out to get in the cars and go to the funeral. I took my car to fix four people in.

It was very emotional walking in and seeing him. I cried for some time but I stopped and realized that he's gone. We have to stay positive and rely on God. It was hard for a lot of people because it was so unexpected. All I could do was be there to support and give comfort.