Hospital Visit

Soon as I got to North Carolina I went straight to my cousin house. She has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms with a big pool outside. The house was so beautiful and she had 2 kids named Hayden and Shawn. They were twins and had 2 dogs. Michelle welcomed me into her home and her Husband James took my bags to the room. She made tacos with nachos which was my favorite. I gave some money to help out while I stayed with them. It was more than what she needed but I wanted to help. We talked and talked for hours like we use to when we were in school. I washed the dishes and helped clean the kitchen. We watched a movie and went to sleep.

I woke up at 5 am to my husband repeatedly calling me. I just sent him a text message about what was going on. I got up and took a shower and I put on a nice floral dress with my sandals on. I straightened my hair and put my jewelry on. I went downstairs to cook breakfast for everyone. I told Michelle I was going to the hospital early to see aunt Pam.

I arrived at the hospital and went straight to her room. She was up eating breakfast and I gently gave her a hug. I gave her words of encouragement and held her hand the entire time. I told her I would like to helped her whenever she needed me. I talked to the doctors also about her condition. She was a strong woman and I know she will try to push through.

When I left the hospital Michelle told me the family was having a gathering at her brother house but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go. I went to the grocery store to buy enough to last for a month. I also brought flowers and balloons for Michelle and James because there anniversary was coming up.

I haven't seen the family for a long time and I'm afraid because we have been through a lot in the past. The most challenging thing was when I got pregnant with my beautiful daughters. They never really accepted them and it's sad. I always felt like they didn't like me when I got into high school. I've accomplished a lot since then and I'm proud. I decided not to go because I never felt loved. It would be awkward and I know I'm not their favorite.

I decided to just cook a dish and Michelle will bring it. While I was in North Carolina I was going to go see some old friends. I went to a local restaurant to meet with them. I ordered a salad and we just had a good time. While I was there Michelle keep texting me about how everyone wanted to see me. I just refused to go because i didn't want to feel anything. I went back to my cousin house around 9pm. When I got there I went to the room because Michelle had company. I didn't want to be bothered with them. I went to sleep and woke up to aunt Pam calling me. She said that she's leaving the hospital and she feels better now. I was so happy because I was scared. I was concerned with her health. I decided to leave today to get back to my girls. I missed them so much and I needed them.