Chapter 4: problems

6 Months Later

Derek and his wife has been arguing lately and it was to the point of getting physical. When i heard about it i didnt think anything of it. It was getting to the point where he'll be around the girls and receive really bad phone calls from his wife. It always seemed to get heated everytime to the point where i thought it had something to do with us. I was actually getting scare because i didnt like seeing him like this especially around the girls.

With most of the conversations they had it was about him spending too much time with the girls and that he was never home. As a father he was trying his best but he was only seeing them three days a week. I didnt see that as alot of time. I could tell that he loved the girls and that he cared about them but he feel sad for them because he didnt have much time.

I think his wife is just jealous because they were here first. She was very angry to see him happy with the girls. I felt like her being around was just too much for them. I stopped her being around them because i could see it in her face that she didnt accept them. I didnt want anyone to harm them so i moved away.

Derek had to choose who he really wanted to be with and like always he ran home to his stubborn wife. He stopped taking them to school and barely called to check on them. One thing that i dont like is how he promised he would be here for me. I know the girls are disappointed and they feel hurt. I think it was better for him not to be in there lives at all. He really chose a female over his own flesh and blood.

With all that is going on i decided to put his on child support. If he think that he's going to get away he got another thing coming. Since he has a nice big house with expensive cars and a business. I wanted half of what he had to give to the girls and their future. They deserve so much more than what they have now. With the decision im walking i know its going to affect his family but i dont care because he hurt us.

I got a court date coming up and i want everyone to be there so they can see what kind of person i really am. Im a grown woman with children to take Care of. His wife has everything she wants and barely do for this girls. All of the pain and suffering is going to come out sooner or later.

The Court Day

"Hello" i said as i walked into court dressed in all black with heels on. I had all my paper work ready and all i needed was the judge to give me my answer. I seen derek and his wife sitting on the opposite side of me. All they did was stare and all i did was smile. I talked to my lawyer about a few things and we got started.

"Ms.Kim i see your here for your two daughters. You have requested child support from Derek smith, correct?" Judge Matthews asked.

"Yes, im here to seek financial and education assistance for my two daughters for the 15 years of there lives." i said confident.

"Okay it seems like your asking for monthly amount of $3,000 for the children needs. Derek smith you owe your daughter money for 18 years of there lives, did you know that?" Judge Matthews asked.

"No he doesn't, he has been taking care of them!" derek wife said before he can even answer.

"I have proof of everything and receipts to show what hes been doing all of there lives. Its not even enough to cover for their needs." i said showing paper of proof of whos been caring for there need which was me.

"She lying, he's been their for them." Derek wife said lying to the judge.

"He has only been in there lives for a few months and left them again because he has a family. He made his decision to stopped seeing them recently. I just need help caring for My kids." i said suddenly crying. I was just so hurt and i need help.

"Okay thats enough, Derek smith owes child support for the amount of $3,000 a month." judge Matthews dismissed everyone and i got what i wanted.

His wife was so furious and all she did was yell at me. She was mad because the money he was making was going towards the kids. He should have did what he was supposed to do in the first place. All i did was smile and walk away. I kept it professional and did what i had to do. His wife needs to learn how to stay in her place because i got something for her coming soon.

I got in my car and drove to my current two bedroom apartment. The girls was with my best friend who always helped me out. I finished studying my books for my exam because the test was coming up soon. I decided that i wanted to open my own dental practice and receive my own clients. I wanted to start my own business so i could buy a house for my daughter's and i.

My phone ranged and it was a guy named Adam. He has his own business and opened a car dealership. He was pretty successful and we have been getting to know each other. I told him i had two daughters and he told me he would love to meet them one day but i have to make sure he wont hurt us. Adam was tall and very attractive. I liked him and i wanted to spend more time with him.

Adam and i have been out to restaurants and gatherings. We have been seeing each other for about 10 months, close to a year.  I was so excited to meet someone new because i really needed to move on from the past. Adam brought me a nice necklace on our three date and he took me to meet his family. The only thing is ive never been to his house. We would always go out but i never been invited to his home which is strange. Adam called me and told me he had to tell me something... I told him to tell me now but he wanted to say it in person. I just hope its not bad news because i dont want to be hurt AGAIN.