Chapter5: Confusion

Today is Saturday and I'll be running errands and spending time with my friends. Everything has been running smoothly in my life so far. The girls are receiving the proper care they need and i passed my exam to become an dental hygienist. Im so proud of myself for trying the best i can. I just wanted the best for my daughter's. I can finally get a job that can help us to live comfortably.

Today i am going to the hair salon to get my hair done while the girls spend time with their grandparents. I also have to go grocery shopping and get my car fixed. I didnt have to wait to see my hairstylist because i made an appointment.

"Hey Keyshia, how you been?" i said walking in sitting down in the chair.

"Im doing great, im happy to see you girl." keyshia said glad to see Ashley. Keyshia was always a nice person to her. She always helped her out and did her daughter's hair for her when times got hard.

"Im happy to see you too. What's new?" i said.

"Girl everything is still the same, the family is doing 's new with you?" she said doing my hair.

"I graduated school and im talking to someone new." i said smiling ear to ear.

"Who is he?" she asked concerned.

"Its a guy named Adam, he's just so nice to me and he always takes me out to places." i said.

"Thats good to hear but just be careful. I don't want you getting hurt again.." Keyshia said.

"I know thats why im really trying to get to know him first." i said.

"As long as your happy im happy." keyshia said smiling while doing my hair.

"Thanks, how's the married life for ya?" i asked.

"Its okay, we have our ups and downs but were trying to push through." Keyshia said.

"I want to find real love but i dont know at this point. With everything in the world going on i just feel lost sometimes." i said.

"I know it can be hard because its so many trails that we face in the world. Just try to stay positive and keep your head up." keyshia said. Within 20 minutes my hair was done and i had to go get my car fixed. I texted Adam to check on him and to see how he was doing.

I drove to the car shop to get my car fixed. It took a couple of hours and the car was running back to normal. I checked my text messages to see if adam texted back but he didnt. I called him but he didnt answer i wanted to see him by the end of the day. I went to the grocery store to get fruits and vegetables. That only took about 30 minutes to get done.

I decided since adam didnt answer his phone I'll stop by the car dealership to see of he was there. When i arrived adam was no where to be found. I seen his friend Tony inside the shop so i went to speak to him.

"Hey Tony how are you doing today. Have you seen adam around?" i said getting straight to the point.

"Uuh, no i haven't seen him today. Why you ask?" Tony said.

"I wanted to check on him, you know we have been getting to know each for a few months now." i said letting him know.

"Oh well he's not here today. You know hes always busy, why dont you stop by his house?" tony asked me.

"The weird thing is i dont know his address. He never took me to his house." i said being honest.

"Well are you sure he's interested in you? Because he has alot of women coming his way." Tony said.

"Im honestly just taking it a day at a time." i said feeling hurt inside because i thought that he really liked me.

"Ill tell him you stopped by." Tony said walking away to get back to work.

I just got in my car and drove home in deep thought. I know that he a popular guy but would he let that get in the way? Do he really like me or is he hiding something? By this time we would have made things official. I just dont know how to feel anymore. Maybe were not on the same page.

When i got home i put the groceries away and called my friend Velvet. We went the same elementary and middle school. We go way back to when we were toddlers.

"Hey Velvet how you been?" i asked.

"Im okay ill be coming up there to visit for a couple weeks. I really need to get away." Velvet said sounding sad.

"What's wrong? You can come stay with me." i said wanting to help my friend.

"John and i have been fighting lately and its getting really bad. We are never in agreement and hes never happy." she said. She was in a long term relationship with john who wasn't faithful to her from the start bit she still stayed with him anyways. I always felt in my heart that he was abusive towards her. I think she should leave him and get on her feet and have a fresh start.

"Im really sorry to hear that but i think you should come stay with me. Its for the best and i dont want nothing bad to happen to you. I really to care about you and i miss seeing you." i said wanting her to make her decision to com stay with me.

"I miss you too and im going to come be with you because nothing is getting better." she said on the edge of crying.

"Pack all your things i have a spare room just for you. Ill help you and be here for you." i said. Once we finished talking i made dinner and sat down to relax. I received a text message from Derek apologizing about everything that has happened and wanted to talk. I responded back and agreed. No matter how many times derek do wrong i will always forgive him.