Bad News

I just got off of work and I started to cook dinner. Tonight I was going to make spaghetti and meatballs with green beans. In the middle of cooking my phone rang and I answered it.
"Hello" I said.
"Hey it's Michelle your cousin, I got some really bad news." She said sounding sad.
"What's wrong ?" I said.
"Your aunt Pam is in the hospital, she has cancer and we don't know when she'll get better." Michelle said.
"Oh my, I'll come down there tomorrow to come see her. I pray that she does get better. I remember when I was little we were so close. Now she's sick and I've been going through a lot living down here." I said upset.
"Come down here and stay with up for as long as you need too. I'll see you tomorrow when you get here." Michelle and I hung up the phone.

I finished cooking dinner and I called the girls dad and told him the bad news. He agreed to keep them and he will pick them up now. I went upstairs to pack my bags and get ready. I was so heartbroken because I wanted her to live. Cancer is the worst thing and I pray that she's okay. I hurried up and got everything ready. I made sure the house was clean and I everything was locked. The girls had just left and I put everything in my car. As I was leaving the neighbors were looking at me. I was tired and I needed to be with my family right now. My husband was never around and I can't take it anymore.

My aunt Pam and some of my family lived in North Carolina. They were pretty wealthy although I had been struggling. I took time off of work to focus on what's more important. It was going to take me 5 hours to get there so I was going to be a long ride. I was driving my BMW and it was already repaired. I called aunt Pam and spoke to her on the phone most of my ride but she didn't know I was coming. We talked about all the good memories we had. We laughed and she took me funny stories. She was always so full of energy and strong. She was really appreciative because I always send her gift in the mail every year. We were close at heart and I loved it.