Chapter 10: Changes

1 year later

Kim pov.

Tray made it official with me and we are in love. We have been together for a while now and im happy. The girls are doing good in school and my career is going well. We continued to have date night every week and im glad. Ive been going to therapy ever since that incident happened.

Tray pov.

Kim and i are in a relationship and im happy. We both are doing good in our careers and her daughter's are so nice. I treat them like their my own daughter's. I really wish i could be a real father to them, maybe i will. I want to be with kim for the rest of my life. She's everything that i have ever dreamed of. I took her to meet my family and they loved her. I want to propose soon but i want to take it slow. Even though my ex try to still talk to me i just ignored and avoid. My heart is with kim and im glad. She treats me right and we have alot in common.

Today i plan on taking kim on a date to the best restaurant in town. When we arrived to the restaurant she was so happy that she couldn't stop smiling. I helped her out the car and we walked inside. When we sat down and ordered our drink she said "Thank you so much for bringing me here, i heard its the best in town."

She held my hands and just smiled while showing affection. I noticed some people were staring at us in the restaurant but i brushed it off. We continued to talk and figure out what we were going to eat. I order a steak with vegetables and potatoes. She ordered shrimp alfredo with vegetables. After we placed our orders we just expressed our feelings. I was happy to be with her because she had good qualities. Within 20 minutes our food came and we ate. I noticed Rebecca felt a little uncomfortable but i didnt know why. "Whats wrong babe?" i asked.

"There's someone here that i dont want to see right now, i just realized." she said keeping her head down.

"Who could it be?" i asked.

"The biological father of my girls with his wife, he's never really around them anymore." i said.

"Dont worry about him, im here now. Im the father figure that they really need. I will never walk out on you." i said holding her hands leaning in to kiss her. She got back to her normal self after that. She began to smile again and act like she didnt even see them anymore. She focused on what was happening in the moment. We ordered dessert and ate ice cream. She was beyond happy to be out the house right now. We were having such a good time. The bills came back for the food and we went half on it. Thats one thing that i liked about her what that she never left me hanging. She always paid her way thats what made me like her even more. We left and got in the car and drove home. We laid in bed and watched a movie and fell asleep.