Hospital Visit

(2 weeks later)
{Support & share}
I got dressed and headed to the hospital. When I got there his brother was there.

"Hey Kim, nothing has changed yet with his condition. " he said

"Yeah I know but maybe one day it will get better." I said

"His car is completely wrecked." He said looking down

"I know he'll get another one when he gets better." I said

"How are you feeling right now?" He asked

"I feel sad but there is nothing I can do." I said

"Just stay strong Kim." He said and walked out.

I just sat there talking to tray even though he probably couldn't hear me. I was holding his hand the whole time and I stayed with for the rest of the day. I prayed that he would get better because I didn't want to live without him. I eventually had to leave because I needed rest also. Many of my relatives called and checked on me and I appreciated that. I was now lonely and I felt so empty inside. My partner was missing and I wanted him back.

When I got home Derek was already outside with the girls. I let them in and they went to their rooms. I sat on the couch and Derek spoke.

"I'm so sorry to hear about your husband." He said.

"Yeah it was so unexpected." I said

"I hope he gets better soon." He said

"Yes me too." I said

"You want me to stay the night? " he asks

"No no no Derek you need to go home." I said

"Why? Don't you need me?" He asked

"No I'm completely fine alone. I can handle this." I said

"It's okay if you need me to stay." He said

"No you have a family. We need to focus on Co parenting. " I said

"Yeah your right. I'll leave but if you need me just call me." He said and left.

I hope Derek wasn't trying to get back into my life but I don't want to be hurt again. We are both married and it should be a limit. I can't handle the way I feel inside so I'm going to listen to some music to clear my mind. The girls were sad too because they loved their stepdad very much. He helped me raise them and he treated them like his own. He would take them to school, feed them and cloth them. He was a good man and it's so sad to see what has happened. I hope he wakes up soon because I don't want to be lonely forever. I have to stay strong and take care of this house and the kids.