chapter 17

Lily's pov

Right now, me and grandma Verena are going to the royal palace.

We have finally arrived.

The king and Queen(my adopted parents) are there waiting for me inside a room.

They seem to have so many questions that they would like to ask me. They asked me many questions, and I answered them truthfully.

The questions were

1. Lily is it true that you killed all those 1000 assassins from chaos?

My reply: Yes, they wanted to kill me and they even threaten me that they will kill grandma Verena. They deserved it.

2. Were the assassin yesterday from chaos?

My reply: No, they were not from chaos.

3. Do you know where did they come from?

My reply: Yes, they were ordered by the neighbouring kingdom's King to come here to assassinate me.

4. Why did you save the 50 assassins yesterday after you almost killed them?

My reply: I'm not sure about it, maybe because they had only killed corrupted, selfish, greedy officials/people and they were filled with guilt when they tried to kill me. They did not want to kill me but for the sake of their family, they had to.

5. How are you so sure that they were filled with guilt and they had only killed bad people?

My reply: It's because I can read their mind, my darkness attribute allows me to see their inner thoughts that is if I wanted to.

6. I thought that you had only three attributes fire, darkness and barrier, so how could you use light, light is the opposite of dark, for these two elements to coexist together and be in peace is nearly Impossible!?

My reply: It is because of my contract with Ruby(the bunny), she is the reason why now I have more than 3 attributes. Other than light, I have also gained..............................................

After they finished asking me questions, they were filled with shock.

I knew in my heart that they might be afraid of me, and may call me a monster. I am fully prepared to be ignored by them.

But that never happened.

Instead, they had this proud look on their faces. They seem to be very proud of me.

"Omg, my daughter is so strong and powerful, see I told you so." The King(father) said to Queen(mother)

"Shut up, so what huh! You should still take care of the palace security, and I wouldn't have to worry about anything. In my eyes Lily is a kid. She will always be a kid in front of my eyes so I can't help but worry about her." Said the Queen(mother)

"Your majesty, Aren't you afraid of me, shouldn't you be calling me a monster and other dreadful things?" I asked

They both looked at me with big, droopy, adorable eyes.

"Is that what you think about us?"said both of them.

"I'm such a bad parent, aren't I? Lily finds us suspicious and bad, this already disqualifies me as a parent." They both exclaimed.

They were almost going to cry.

I was shocked and I just ask them

"Your majesty, didn't you just wanted to adopt me because of my holy animal (Ruby)?"

They both hurriedly replied"NO WAY! Even if we wanted our kingdom to have a holy animal, we still wouldn't necessarily adopt you, we have other methods as well, we choose to adopt you because you are so cute and lovely. We wanted you to feel parental and family love."

I was just too overwhelmed by their confessions, I did not detected any lies from their words.

Suddenly, they started to discuss with themselves with such a heavy atmosphere, they were mumbling how I did not call them mother or father.

While my grandma Verena just sigh at their behaviour.

I did not know how to react.

I decided.

"Mother.... Father..." With a voice so small that I thought they would never hear it.

But it turns out that they had actually heard it.

But then they still did not seem that happy and they send some sort of signal to my grandma Verena.

She face palm herself and came close to me and whisper on my ears.

"Lily call them Papa and Mama."

I was gradually blushing red. I had never ever thought that they would actually be so childish. But I had yet to discover that I was actually feeling some sort of warmth in my heart.

I hesitated...

In my mind, I had always wanted to have a normal family, in my past life and present life, I dreamt of being spoiled by my parents and sharing my thoughts to them. Yet I couldn't express myself even if I wanted to because they would have just ignored me.

Although as Haruna Kishimoto, I have experience family love and know what it feels like to have a family. I had never thought that I would get this opportunity in this lifetime.

I missed my family, my brother, mom and dad. They were all so good to me. I am sad, yet happy.

I did not know when I had started to call them

"Mama....Papa..."

They both hugged me into their warm embrace. I felt so safe and relax. I did not realized when my tears started to fall one by one and then I cried badly.

Very badly indeed.

As I was crying.

Suddenly the door opened. I saw my brothers and Lucif coming towards me and tried to make me feel calm and stop my crying.

They made funny faces and did so many stupid things. I couldn't help but smile.

Lucif, Sedric and Sky pov

All three of them were worried about Lily, so they came here to spy on her. They soundlessly came next to the door.

And then they saw each other. They stare at each other.

INNER THOUGHTS OF SEDRIC: This stinky brat isn't he the one that dares to touch my sister's hand and hug her, how dare him. Even if he is her fiance, I will not hand in my sister to him that easily.

INNER THOUGHTS OF SKY: Although he looks fine. Well I will admit it. More than fine. But so what? I have no intention of letting him take Lily away and the way older brother acts. I think that our feelings are mutual.

INNER THOUGHTS OF LUCIF: Why do I have this feeling that these two brothers will take away Lily from me. Huh! They can try if they want to, but they can never beat me. Wait they are not even blood related, but their looks are not as good as mine so....they can't beat me. I have the upper hand.

"So why is the esteemed demon prince here?" Sedric said with a fake smile

"I also have to ask why is the workaholic prince here?" Lucif said with a fake smile

Sky looked at them both and decided not to come in between their conversation. Although he hates to admit it. Damn it! This demon prince is seriously quite strong, but is he as strong as my brother.  I can feel this killing aura surrounding them.

Then we all heard someone crying.

We barge in and saw Lily crying.