Chapter 1

Half way into the summer

Sam's POV

It's been weird these past few weeks. Why? Because I've grown used to seeing Chord and the former glee members every day. Right now, Brenda and I are floating around in the pool. It's safe to say that the sun is hot, but the water is cold. It was Stacy and Stevie's 10th birthday last week.

"What's wrong Squishy?" She asked. I smiled and swam over to her. She was on her camouflage float, which was twenty dollars. I wish I could just stare at her none stop, but then she'd call me a stalker, even though she stares at me all the time.

"Yeah I'm fine Darlin'. Just missin' everyone." I answered. She put her hand on my cheek.

"I know Squishy! I miss them too."

"It just feels weird, you know? I'm used to seeing Chord everyday now, and now he's gone to LA with Mercedes and it's just weird." I said.

"I know. They made a promise, that they'd come back for thanksgiving and Christmas. Everyone, Puck, Mercedes, Chord, Mike, Tina, Finn, Kurt, Rachel, and Quinn." I smiled. She got off the float and swam to me. I pecked her on the lips. It was quiet for a few minutes after that. Then, I felt my stomach growling.

"Did your stomach just growl?" Brenda asked, giggling.

"Yep."

"Come on, lets get dried off and we can go out to eat if you want." She said. I nodded and pulled myself out of the water. I made sure my swim trunks didn't fall in the back again...Long story. Let's just say Brenda saw my butt. I helped her out and tossed her, her towel. After we dried off, we went back in the house and got dressed.

"Mama, Sam and I are going somewhere, will be back in a little while!" Brenda called.

"Okay, y'all be careful."

"We will."

TIME SKIP

Brenda's POV

Sam and I went to Breadstix, and surprisingly, not really, the rest of the glee members were there. We sat with them and talked. Santana and Brittany had left for Hawaii two weeks ago, so Santana wasn't here to use her nick names thank god.

"So, what're we doing this summer?" Ryder asked. Sam shrugged.

"I don't know. Brenda and I were planning on going horse back riding some time soon if y'all want to go." Sam suggested. Everyone agreed.

"Ya know, I've only gone horse back riding like, two times." I said.

"Seriously?" I nodded.

"Why?" I shrugged.

"I don't know really, my dad took me twice." I said.

"Oh."

"Yeah." It was quiet for a few minutes." Maybe we can go to the lake sometime this summer." I suggested.

"Yeah, we could rent a couple of boats or something." Sam said. I nodded, grinning.

"Hey Sam, we need to go to the mall tomorrow." I said.

"Why?"

"The strap on my bathing suit broke, so I need a new one."

"What happened to your other ones?"

"This is embarrassing. My boobs may or may have not gotten bigger since the last time I wore those." I blushed and Sam snorted." It's not funny Squishy! I hate having huge boobs! I have my own personal table!" I said. He snorted again.

"We'll go, tomorrow though right? I don't get paid until then." Oh, that's right. Sam got a job. Where? At Southco, working with his dad. Sometimes he works with landscaping, sometimes he goes out on call, and sometimes he stays at the shop with Chris and helps him work on the trucks.

"Yeah, I don't feel like going today." I said, laughing. He laughed. We left and just rode around town, listening to music. I turned the volume down when 'Just To Be Your Man' came on. I love the song, but I like it better when I can hear Sam singing along to it. He chuckled but sang anyway.

Baby lock the door and turn the lights down low
Put some music on that's soft and slow
Baby we ain't got no place to go
I hope you understand

I've been thinking 'bout this all day long
Never felt a feeling quite this strong
I can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man

There's no hurry
Don't you worry
We can take our time
Come a little closer
Lets go over
What I had in mind

Baby lock the door and turn the lights down low
Put some music on that's soft and slow
Baby we ain't got no place to go
I hope you understand

I've been thinking 'bout this all day long
Never felt a feeling quite this strong
I can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man

Ain't nobody ever love nobody
The way that I love you
We're alone now
You don't know how
Long I've wanted to

Lock the door and turn the lights down low
Put some music on that's soft and slow
Baby we ain't got no place to go
I hope you understand

I've been thinking 'bout this all day long
never felt a feeling that was quite this strong
I can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man
I Can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man

"I love how your voice gets so deep when you sing this." I said. He smiled." Seriously though, you're like, the blond Josh Turner." He laughed.

"Nah, I'm not as good of a singer as him." I scoffed.

"You wanna bet?"

"No thanks." I laughed.